My company, [WIKI]XoByte[/WIKI], would like to introduce the miniSparkô StartUp/ShutDown Controller.
Here's a Demo Video of miniSparkô in action:
Here's a Screen Shot of our Custom Application GUI:
The XoByte miniSparkô allows a Personal Computer in the form of a notebook, desktop or mini-computer to be connected to a car, boat or home electrical power system. miniSparkô manages power sequencing of multiple devices including PCs, touch screens, cameras among others by utilizing wake events from personal electronics, alarm systems, ignition/accessory switches, etc...
A compact (3"x2"x1") automotive/marine-grade custom enclosure protects the unit from accidental impact and extreme temperatures.
12V DC battery input with fuse protection and voltage suppression ensures the unit can tolerate current and voltage spikes common to automotive & marine electrical systems.
The integrated Ethernet port is used to turn the Personal Computer ON or OFF and for PC configuration and status communication. miniSparkô implements the Industry Ethernet standard, Wake-On-LAN (WOL) packets for system Start-Up.
A portion of a standard multi pin connector serves as a fully software programmable digital wake/sleep interface to the miniSparkô. A device connected to this interface can command miniSparkô to turn on (WAKE) or off (STANDBY/SHUTDOWN) devices connected to its Ethernet Port or external relays. Additionally, part of this connector can be used as an ACPI power ports, to directly turn ON/OFF a Personal Computer.
Additional features include:
* Graphic-based Software Tools for User Configuration & System Monitoring
* PC Start-Up Control via Ethernet Wake-On-LAN packet or ACPI Connector
* PC Shut-Down/Hibernate Control via Ethernet Command Packet or ACPI Connector
* Programmable Start-up/Shut-down delay
* PC Lock-Up Detector
* Web-based firmware upgrade capable
* Drives two independent 12Volt DC relays for sequencing other electronics
* XoByte Application Programming Interface (API) provided to allow you to integrate MiniSpark functionality into custom software applications.