Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How does this thing work?

  1. #1
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893

    How does this thing work?

    Ok... I finally uploaded my first log. I goto the web-site, and it shows where my car was before I entered the garage at my work. Isn't there a way to replay my route like in GPS Secure? All I have is a map with a dot and the last upload time. Now way to move back and fourth in time. I don't get it???

    Plus I should have the past 5 days worth of logs, I just didn't connect my phone till today. I do have both log locally and remotely enabled. Doesn't it save all the logs and upload all history when internet becomes available?

    Unless I am missing something, GPS Secure seems to be MUCH more feature rich.

  2. #2
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    41 views and not a single reply? It's a simple question: Can I review my driving path with GPS Secure, or does it only ever show you your last location?

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate Leddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    Ok... I finally uploaded my first log. I goto the web-site, and it shows where my car was before I entered the garage at my work. Isn't there a way to replay my route like in GPS Secure? All I have is a map with a dot and the last upload time. Now way to move back and fourth in time. I don't get it???
    I personally haven't used GPS Secure so I can't speak for it's features. Currently WhereIsMyGPS.net will tell you when the last coordinate was uploaded. We are working on a previous coordinate mechanism, however we are not there yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    Plus I should have the past 5 days worth of logs, I just didn't connect my phone till today. I do have both log locally and remotely enabled. Doesn't it save all the logs and upload all history when internet becomes available?
    Unfortunately no, this is not available in the PC version. The PDA version does have the capability to queue coordinates if a connection is not available at that time and resend when available.

    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
    Unless I am missing something, GPS Secure seems to be MUCH more feature rich.
    WhereIsMyGPS.net is in its infancy still, GPS Secure has been around longer and it is expected to have more features than we currently offer. You are free to choose to use whichver product you like more, or both. The power of choice!
    2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan (Sold)
    2007 Scion tC
    WhereIsMyGPS.net Online Tracker
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/leddy

  4. #4
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Thanks Leddy... I was not trying to bad-mouth your program, and I do use both . I just don't find wimGPS very useful without being able to re-play history (and history gathered when off-line and uploaded later when on-line) whioch I thought it already did. I'll keep watching it though... keep the features comming .

Similar Threads

  1. How to poop at work...
    By BoyNextDoor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
  2. Will a Powermate work with iGuidance?
    By Troy McClure in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
  3. Want to trade website work for a 40 x 4 lcd
    By to_vdubber in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 03:30 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2002, 08:59 PM
  5. Packard bell remotes work
    By Krash in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2001, 10:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •