Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: nLite XP, CF card, VIA mobo, Bumbed out

  1. #21
    FLAC SFiorito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,364
    well...when I said people using .NET i meant using as in developing .NET apps. there's not much end users can do besides the ngen trick I wrote about in the Centrafuse forum. The articles I'm talking about are for developers... Unless of course you want to dissasemble the .NET app and tweak it yourself...

  2. #22
    Jesus Freak antimatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,545
    I say you rule out the power supply first.

    See if it is putting out power.

    Next i say look at the mobo
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

  3. #23
    Maximum Bitrate knubile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    505
    @Knubile: So what temperature will your system do the reboot thing at?
    Usually only during extremely cold mornings. When it's been -20C all night long.

    As far as being dissappointed if your system doesnt' work in below freezing temps, that is a risk. None of your components are meant to run that cold, except maybe the CF card. The fact that they do work is really a bonus. According to the manufacturers they shouldn't. So there's always a chance a certain component won't handle cold temps.
    Mind you, worst case, you wait a few minutes while the car gets warm enough and you'll be running no prob. Not really a big deal.

  4. #24
    FLAC IntellaWorks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by knubile
    Usually only during extremely cold mornings. When it's been -20C all night long.

    As far as being dissappointed if your system doesnt' work in below freezing temps, that is a risk. None of your components are meant to run that cold, except maybe the CF card. The fact that they do work is really a bonus. According to the manufacturers they shouldn't. So there's always a chance a certain component won't handle cold temps.
    Mind you, worst case, you wait a few minutes while the car gets warm enough and you'll be running no prob. Not really a big deal.
    From what I've read in your posts you are very pesimistic...

    But yes this information is true, VIA EPIA's are rated at 0C-70C which is like 32F - 120F
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

  5. #25
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by SFiorito
    well...when I said people using .NET i meant using as in developing .NET apps. there's not much end users can do besides the ngen trick I wrote about in the Centrafuse forum. The articles I'm talking about are for developers... Unless of course you want to dissasemble the .NET app and tweak it yourself...
    yes my hvac program is in c# .net 2 code

    (.net 2 because i like the new serial port access. alot easier to work with and about damn time...)
    Mazdaspeed Car Computer
    gotta redo it all

  6. #26
    Newbie ekip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    40
    I also have notice the booting problem in low temps. Lastnight i but my interiorheater on and in morning all systems boot nicely up. So i think that there is some kind of temp range for booting. There has been very cold nights (-20c) and when i try to boot system up it just wont boot or it hangs to winxp starting screen. After couple of minutes and several bootings it will boot nicely up.
    Carputer
    Via Epia 800MHz\389MB\200GB\ 10,4" LCD
    Wlan And Gps via USB (broken)

    Audio
    Hergules game thether 7.1, SinusLive 3505 amp OEM speakers+15"Sub

    Bump...Bump...Bump.... Here we go again.....

    Pictures
    http://www.javapeli.net/opel/

  7. #27
    FLAC IntellaWorks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,173

    .

    It seems like all your systems are "trying" to boot... Which is unlike my system... my system will beep to let me know its got power, but not post or anything... not even a video signal... Like it is waiting for warmer temps...
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

  8. #28
    Maximum Bitrate knubile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    505
    Did you get this figured out yet IntellaWorks? I figured out a while ago my problem was my USB enclosed hard drive. It was cauing the reboot. It ran this past winter very well even in very cold temps once I replace the enclosure with another one.

  9. #29
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by knubile
    Did you get this figured out yet IntellaWorks? I figured out a while ago my problem was my USB enclosed hard drive. It was cauing the reboot. It ran this past winter very well even in very cold temps once I replace the enclosure with another one.
    Really? That is good news...I've been working this summer on getting my CF install all working well in anticipation of a cold winter. I hope it works

    I use an Archos 20GB MP3 player / USB HDD as my media drive. That way, when I leave the car in the winter, I can take my media drive with me as an MP3 player and it goes inside where it is warm. When I go back out to my car, my media drive won't give me any problems because it has been kept warm with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Slimline Slot DVD/Wafer Mobo and XP
    By Cyberphox in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 10:01 AM
  2. FS: Slimline CD & DVD, 512MB CF Card
    By StratusPh34r in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 09:31 PM
  3. FS: Athlon XP +1700 CPU and A7V8X-X mobo
    By samc in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:03 AM
  4. help - video card problems
    By Cliff in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2002, 06:25 PM
  5. TV Out Card Requires Mobo Reset
    By Oldschool in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2000, 10:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •