Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Optimizing XP MCE

  1. #11
    Low Bitrate S11D336B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Have fun configuring it
    Yah, seems to be pretty str8 forward after you read the intro on the online help.
    ________________________________________________
    Worklog
    K7VTA3
    1500+ Athlon 4 Mobile
    510mb PC3200 DDR
    ATI Radeon 7000 64mb
    [||||||||||] 95% Complete

    RentATechnow.com

  2. #12
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Girder is basically an app that allows you to control a lot of system functions using different things. For example you could hack up a trackball mouse to be your volume controller.
    Now there's an interesting idea... Must go investigate...
    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

  3. #13
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by S11D336B
    Yah, seems to be pretty str8 forward after you read the intro on the online help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arathranar
    Now there's an interesting idea... Must go investigate...
    Yep. A member has done it. Forgot the name though. He's got an MR-2 Spider.

  4. #14
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,577
    I have 2 tiny trackballs lying around. I had given up on them since I went the touchscreen route. But suddenly they are far more interesting again . I'm pretty sure I can write the software to interface with them too since it's just an input device.
    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

  5. #15
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathranar
    I have 2 tiny trackballs lying around. I had given up on them since I went the touchscreen route. But suddenly they are far more interesting again . I'm pretty sure I can write the software to interface with them too since it's just an input device.
    Yep

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate S11D336B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Yep
    Cool yah, I just finished the installation and configuration.

    It's pretty straight forward. I just read the intro on the online help and it all makes since now.

    I installed Road Runner and that works great.

    It is really easy to configure the remote, I'd reccomend Girder to anyone!!

    What a cool program.
    ________________________________________________
    Worklog
    K7VTA3
    1500+ Athlon 4 Mobile
    510mb PC3200 DDR
    ATI Radeon 7000 64mb
    [||||||||||] 95% Complete

    RentATechnow.com

  7. #17
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by S11D336B
    Cool yah, I just finished the installation and configuration.

    It's pretty straight forward. I just read the intro on the online help and it all makes since now.

    I installed Road Runner and that works great.

    It is really easy to configure the remote, I'd reccomend Girder to anyone!!

    What a cool program.
    Glad that you are happy

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    12
    Could you set up Girder to use the steering wheel buttons?

    This is something that would be really nice... I have volume up/down buttons and a next track button on my wheel and I'd love to be able to use it to control volume, etc. in FP.

  9. #19
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by domisi
    Could you set up Girder to use the steering wheel buttons?

    This is something that would be really nice... I have volume up/down buttons and a next track button on my wheel and I'd love to be able to use it to control volume, etc. in FP.
    Probably... but don't quote me on that. Ask some of the guys who've bimmer done installs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How to get MCE Remote to work with XP Home
    By phc in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 06:59 PM
  2. Software Review: Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition!
    By nFiniteTuning in forum The Review Palace
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
  3. where is the thread of XP MCE 2005? can't find it now
    By dragonBTV in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. Xp Mce
    By Cordell in forum XP MCE
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 10:32 AM
  5. Difference between Windows XP Home & XP Pro?
    By grandamp3 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 06:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •