When do you use the Hitachi Fixed Drive filter? During format? Or after the OS has been installed?
I want to do exactly the same as jespers (I have a 4 gig ExtremeIII).
First I tried to move the partition, so I:
1. Installed XP
2. Mounted the CF drive
3. Changed the driver to Hitachi
4. Partitioned the CF card
5. Found out my HD had an error, so the partition could not be moved
6. Removed the hd from my system, and attached an optical drive
7. Booted from CD
8. Selected the primary partition (FAT32) on my CF card
9. Changed filesystem to NTFS (Quick format) during install
10 When XP was installed, I changed the driver to Hitachi again and formatted my second partition
Note: The XP version used for installation was XP Pro with SP2