hahaha. I have the everything autoconnect just seems that freefone just doesn't work 100% i'm getting about 50% out of it. If anyone can tell me how to get the other 50% let me know. I've been trying to get this working for a while now
Awesome thread guys. I have done all the Widcomm stuff on my CarPC. One problem. The first time I paired my Nokia N73 up, it had the hands-free gateway as a listed service and connected successfully, but the headphone icon never appeared on my phone and the audio stayed with the N73.
Every subsequent time I have unpaired and paired it, now the hands-free gateway service doesn't even list as an available service anymore? Any one have any ideas. I have firmware version 4.07184.108.40.206, which is supposed to have A2DP profiles etc.
Does anyone know how to get the Widcomm stack to remember a security code for a bluetooth GPS unit. Everytime I turn the CarPC on, and turn the GPS on, it asks me for the security code for the GPS. I put it in and its fine until the car gets turned off (hence the CarPC and GPS get turned off too), and then next time I turn the car on, the widcomm stack is asking for the security code again? I have paired the device correctly, but it won't remember the code.
right click on the bluetooth icon in the task bar, click on advanced configuration, then click on the local services tab, then highlight the serial com port and click on properties, an uncheck the box that says "use secure connection" this will cause it to connect without a code
Thank's for the quick reply Injector. I am pretty sure I tried that, and in fact still have it unticked. But I will go and double check. Thanks.
Yes I did have secure unticked. But as a test I installed it on my work laptop and it works as you state Injector, so something funny with the carlaptop, I will reinstall everything and it should be fine.
My next problem I can't overcome. I have a Nokia N73, and I am trying to connect to the audio gateway service on the phone, and no matter what I try, it tries to connect for 5 seconds, and then fails. I have tried it with three different N73's with various firmware revisions and have the same problem.
I tried a Sony Erikson K800i and worked first go, also tried a Samsung and worked first go. Same with a Jasjam. But the three N73's look like they are connecting but bomb out? Any idea's?
not all phones have the audio gateway service, that could be the problem
Thanks again Injector. Yes it definately does have the audio gateway service (mono) and also with the later firmwares the A2DP service (stereo). It has had the basic audio gateway service since the day it came out (its in the doco and specs for the phone). It even comes up in the available services under Widcomm when it first does the services search after pairing a device. It seems to connect momentarily by the looks but its like there is a bug or something stopping it going through. Any other N73 (or N95 or 6110 Nav or E65 or 6120 or 6500 slide or any other Symbian 9) users here?
Originally Posted by Injector
EDIT: I think I have half worked out why my N73 is not working. It seems Symbian, in their wisdom, severely reduced the AT command set in their latest Operating System (Symbian Series 60), to such a point that it has broken the Audio Gateway services.
The Series 40 guys should be okay, but a open source tool was created to load onto the phone and restore the full AT command set for other uses. The tool is called gnaplet. Its a special driver that talks to the applications. Unfortunately this tool has not been ported over to Symbian Series 60!!! Damn. Hopefully Symbian have their own downloadable driver to do this.
Here is another thread from mp3car.com with Symbian people having this problem.
Okay guys. I have solved this, finally.
For some silly reason (thanks Nokia) the audio gateway handsfree protocol is not implemented quite according to the standards.
After trying lots of things, it ended up that Widcomm Bluetooth stack versions that I was using were causing problems with the Nokia but not other phones. Before Injector gave me his link for the software I went and got version 220.127.116.110 and it was no good, wouldn't connect properly, after 3 seconds disconnect. Then I found version 18.104.22.1681, and it was a bit better as it actually connected and stayed up, but nothing comes through the audio gateway, so another failure.
So then i used the version that Injector gave me the link for 22.214.171.1241, and voila!!! Works perfectly so far. Keeps connection up and all audio comes to the PC. Finally. Thanks Injector, should have used that old version from the start.
It would be nice if Nokia/Symbian adhered to the proper standards like the other makes of phones.