Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 299

Thread: Instructions on getting FREE wireless internet from T-Mobile using GPRS

  1. #221
    Low Bitrate hateeecs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by kameleon
    What are some of the sites you can connect to? Just a question. I mean if I can make a link page then that would be cool.
    basically
    ABC news
    CNN news (mobile version)
    ESPN via go.com
    Various tmobile account pages
    a few others.

    Remember these are all WML documents - as long as you only care about those sites you could make a WML document and load that in a WML browser. Generic HTML access is not going to fly AFAIK.
    http://neonpc.blogspot.com
    [||||||||||||--------] 60% done

  2. #222
    Maximum Bitrate Don 944 LA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego / Los Angeles
    Posts
    679
    XPOST

    CID 1,2,3 or 4 on Dialup SE-T610 ???
    I just replaced my Sony Ericsson T610 that had busted due to going swimming
    My previous T616 was an unlocked phone (previously Cingular)and when I set up the dialup number for use over bluetooth in the car and my PocketPC I used CID #3 ( *99***3# ). Oh, I have T-Mobile as a provider.
    It worked fine and when using the proxy IP and port 8080, I was able to use my $3.99 T-Zones for internet without additional charges.

    When I got this new phone, it was a branded T-Mobile phone and went to T-Mobile site and had the settings for everything sent to the phone.
    OK, thats the background info.......

    Now, I have multiple ways to get a connection. I am wondering if one is better than another and which one will not charge me for going over the data limit.
    By sellecting " Connectivity - Data Comm - Data Accounts " this is what shows up under each data account :
    TZones - CID = 1
    TZones GPRS - CID =2
    Picture Messaging - CID = 3
    T-Mobile Internet - CID = 4

    I am wondering if the " T-Mobile Internet " isn't left over from the previous owner, as I did not have that on the unlocked Cingular phone.

    Does anyone have the same type of setup and can sled some light on this ???

    Thanks
    Don

  3. #223
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    If anyone is interested, the $10 T-mobile to go cards @ Target are on sale for $9. That means 9 cents a minute.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  4. #224
    Low Bitrate hateeecs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    If anyone is interested, the $10 T-mobile to go cards @ Target are on sale for $9. That means 9 cents a minute.

    Peace,

    Rafster
    Rafster, can you still get Tmo-to-go free internet to work? A few of us have been wondering if you can confirm a post made a few weeks ago that seemed to indicate as such.

    Thanks,Chris
    http://neonpc.blogspot.com
    [||||||||||||--------] 60% done

  5. #225
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by hateeecs
    Rafster, can you still get Tmo-to-go free internet to work? A few of us have been wondering if you can confirm a post made a few weeks ago that seemed to indicate as such.

    Thanks,Chris

    Well, this is what I have found out.

    It seems to only work with Smartphones (PDA Phones and Windows Mobile Phones)

    There's just somthing special about the modems on these puppies that lets you use the GPRS on them.

    Me and some other people on HoFo are working on something for all you guys out there w/o smartphones.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  6. #226
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    41
    So basically if we wanted it right now we would need something similar to a Motorola MPX200 or such. Since it is a smart phone. Right?

  7. #227
    Low Bitrate hateeecs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    Well, this is what I have found out.

    It seems to only work with Smartphones (PDA Phones and Windows Mobile Phones)

    There's just somthing special about the modems on these puppies that lets you use the GPRS on them.

    Me and some other people on HoFo are working on something for all you guys out there w/o smartphones.

    Peace,

    Rafster
    Thanks for the update Rafster! Just to clarify by work you mean that you can go to any internet site with t-mo-to-go? I actually have a sierra 750 aircard not where that falls between phone and smart phone.
    http://neonpc.blogspot.com
    [||||||||||||--------] 60% done

  8. #228
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by hateeecs
    Thanks for the update Rafster! Just to clarify by work you mean that you can go to any internet site with t-mo-to-go? I actually have a sierra 750 aircard not where that falls between phone and smart phone.
    Well, from the research that me and some members @ HoFo did, it seems to work on Smartphones and nothing else so far. If you want to give you aircard a try, go right ahead and let us know if it works.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  9. #229
    Low Bitrate hateeecs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    Well, from the research that me and some members @ HoFo did, it seems to work on Smartphones and nothing else so far. If you want to give you aircard a try, go right ahead and let us know if it works.

    Peace,

    Rafster
    Well, like I've metioned recently in this thread, it works in so far that I can access the crap that any phone would get when pressing the tzones button. This basically means that I can get ABC news, CNN mobile, and a few others. These are all WML so I need to use a WML browser on my PC to make things at all usable. In order to do any of this I do need to use the proxy. (don't want you to think that I'm simply not using the proxy or something)

    All of this is a very far cry from generic HTML access.

    What is it about a smart phone that makes a difference? Can you link in the relevant HoFo forum threads?

    Thanks,
    -Chris
    http://neonpc.blogspot.com
    [||||||||||||--------] 60% done

  10. #230
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by hateeecs
    Well, like I've metioned recently in this thread, it works in so far that I can access the crap that any phone would get when pressing the tzones button. This basically means that I can get ABC news, CNN mobile, and a few others. These are all WML so I need to use a WML browser on my PC to make things at all usable. In order to do any of this I do need to use the proxy. (don't want you to think that I'm simply not using the proxy or something)

    All of this is a very far cry from generic HTML access.

    What is it about a smart phone that makes a difference? Can you link in the relevant HoFo forum threads?

    Thanks,
    -Chris
    Well, everything I've done is over IM. So I don't have copies of the info. All I have is what I PMed you. And I think I posted directly on here.

    Peace,

    Rafster

Similar Threads

  1. If you have wireless internet please read & reply
    By cproaudio in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  2. wireless internet on the go...
    By robert42 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
  3. UK Wireless Internet?
    By Max018 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 02:51 AM
  4. gotta love wireless internet from t-mobile! finally done right.
    By churnopol in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Any using Nextel for wireless carputer internet?
    By Rireal in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 09:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •