Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 268

Thread: How to use your VERIZON cell for FREE internet

  1. #11
    Low Bitrate CoCa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    74
    [QUOTE=BigToach]Yeah I use my LG VX6000 to do this all the time but didnt know that I only was charged for airtime. Extremely cool. I too wish that PhoneControl would work with it too. Anyways, do you guys you BitPim for your software as well, or is that only for the LG VX series?[/QUOTE

    Bitpim rocks! It works like a charm on my Samsung. There is sooo much in the phone file system that looks hackable.

  2. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11

    Kyocera 2325+Verizon + internet access in car???

    Iam awaiting my tablet PC to arrive and was trying to get hooked up so I could use it in the car to check Ebay for my auctions and value of items Iam looking at for resale purposes.Well I thought just for kicks I would dial #777 and see what happens and all I got was a recording saying"we are unable to complete your call as dialed please check the number and try again".Am I missing something or is my plan just not setup for this to work???I have a kyocera 2325 and a 400 minute a month plan that says it includes National Network Enhanced services access.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  3. #13
    Low Bitrate CoCa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmontebuilder
    Iam awaiting my tablet PC to arrive and was trying to get hooked up so I could use it in the car to check Ebay for my auctions and value of items Iam looking at for resale purposes.Well I thought just for kicks I would dial #777 and see what happens and all I got was a recording saying"we are unable to complete your call as dialed please check the number and try again".Am I missing something or is my plan just not setup for this to work???I have a kyocera 2325 and a 400 minute a month plan that says it includes National Network Enhanced services access.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You need to obtain a data cable and install the drivers to get your computer talking to your phone, otherwise the number is useless. Its like dialing your AOL acces number back in the day with your telephone.

  4. #14
    Low Bitrate Bigassbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    On the computer
    Posts
    70

    Bluetooth?

    Has anyone done this with the Moto V710 via Bluetooth?

    I am thinking about switching my wife and I from cingular. 2 V710's free after rebates. 1 Year contract. Rebate can be sent in 180 days after purchase.

    Thanks for the info!
    Planar 12.1TS
    Xenarc 700TS
    Xenarc MP-SC8 Mini P4 Aluminum Car PC
    Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX
    2.8 Celeron D
    512 PC2700
    Dual Odyssey 1200s for Power

  5. #15
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    s.cali
    Posts
    59
    from what i hear the BlueTooth in verizons phones is crap. They put some of their own data signals in it so you have to buy their equipment or something like that. thats just what i heard though, i didnt actually read t anywhere
    Progress: | All materials Purchased...

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11
    Not to be stupid but I tried dialing an AOL dial up access number and I did not get a "call cannot be completed as dialed message" I tried this from my cell phone for the sake of consistency.All that happened was a few beeps and then screeching like you get when somebody leaves their fax machine on auto receive.The message I got from Verizon was actually "we cannot complete your call at this time" and then it repeated that and then said "check the number and dial again".I may be stupid but if I push #777 or set the computer up to make a connection using #777 if the call cannot be completed how will it connect to the internet????

  7. #17
    Low Bitrate Bigassbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    On the computer
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToach
    from what i hear the BlueTooth in verizons phones is crap. They put some of their own data signals in it so you have to buy their equipment or something like that. thats just what i heard though, i didnt actually read t anywhere
    I have heard that also. That is one of the reasons I have not switched. It may be wishful thinking.

    Thanks.
    Planar 12.1TS
    Xenarc 700TS
    Xenarc MP-SC8 Mini P4 Aluminum Car PC
    Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX
    2.8 Celeron D
    512 PC2700
    Dual Odyssey 1200s for Power

  8. #18
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToach
    from what i hear the BlueTooth in verizons phones is crap. They put some of their own data signals in it so you have to buy their equipment or something like that. thats just what i heard though, i didnt actually read t anywhere
    Actually, I have the V710 and there are some problems with it. First off, it has great bluetooth, but only to a headset. However, when you try to connect to say, MPT 3.07, it will not connect via bluetooth. Also, when you try to connect to another phone, say a T610, it will not allow you to connect. The reason behind this, Verizon wanted crippled bluetooth so people could not transfer media onto the phone. However, as usual, people found a fix (like me), and just used the TF card to transfer media. But in the near future, there have been rumours that Verizon is going to uncripple the bluetooth, but we have to wait. There is one other solution, and that is that you can upgrade to SuperDavex's firmware release, but you take the chance of frying your phone. I'm just going to connect my phone everytime I get into my car, and dial up manually, instead of bluetooth. Well, for now at least!

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11
    Well I ordered a cable(futuredial)from Radio Shack for $20 supposed to be in Tuesday.Curiosity got the better of me and I called Verizon to see what their answer was on using phone for internet access and talked to 2 people and got 2 DIFFERENT answers.The first one was they do not sell a cable for my phone(Thanks Radio Shack!!!)and that my plan does not entitle me to any national network access minutes and I needed a data plan to get internet service other than displaying VZW net on the phone.The second person I talked to told me I DO have national network minutes on my plan and they count against my total minutes during peak hours and unlimited offpeak-however it would only connect at 14.4 kbps not anything faster without a Data plan.When I questioned the fact that their website says that their internet data plan of 600 minutes per month combined entitled you national access at speeds up to 144kbps and his answer was that even though the access is EXACTLY the same it will connect slower if i do it myself without using a "mobile office kit" and a data plan.This sounds like BS to me any comments???

  10. #20
    Low Bitrate Bigassbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    On the computer
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsDude
    Actually, I have the V710 and there are some problems with it. First off, it has great bluetooth, but only to a headset. However, when you try to connect to say, MPT 3.07, it will not connect via bluetooth. Also, when you try to connect to another phone, say a T610, it will not allow you to connect. The reason behind this, Verizon wanted crippled bluetooth so people could not transfer media onto the phone. However, as usual, people found a fix (like me), and just used the TF card to transfer media. But in the near future, there have been rumours that Verizon is going to uncripple the bluetooth, but we have to wait. There is one other solution, and that is that you can upgrade to SuperDavex's firmware release, but you take the chance of frying your phone. I'm just going to connect my phone everytime I get into my car, and dial up manually, instead of bluetooth. Well, for now at least!

    I hope the rumors are true. Verizon is the only company, that I know of, that does this. They are big players, and they know it.

    Are you using the Futuredial cable?

    Thanks for the info!

    Planar 12.1TS
    Xenarc 700TS
    Xenarc MP-SC8 Mini P4 Aluminum Car PC
    Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX
    2.8 Celeron D
    512 PC2700
    Dual Odyssey 1200s for Power

Similar Threads

  1. Instructions on getting FREE wireless internet from T-Mobile using GPRS
    By bankingdom in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. GPS to cell phone output somehow ???
    By gadget in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
  3. TDMA cell phone internet access
    By egeekial in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 04:06 PM
  4. Canadian Co. Cell Phone for Internet
    By syclone477 in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:06 PM
  5. Garmin Etrex GPS & Verizon CDMA 1xRTT (PC3220) Wireless Card
    By mandiola in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 12:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •