Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Cingular Family Plan

  1. #21
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    What Cellular Fantasy said:
    $200 for s710a
    One free v551
    One v551 for $99
    For some reason they also said that activation was $36 for each phone

    What cingular said:
    s710a for $200
    v551 for $79 after rebate
    v551 for $79 after rebate

  2. #22
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    tmobile is not GSM based IIRC. Only AT&T (now Cingular), Cingular, and Verizon are GSM based.

    I'll read up on the howardforums
    T-mobile and Cingular/AT&T are GSM
    Verizon and Sprint are CDMA
    Nextel is iDen

  3. #23
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    T-mobile and Cingular/AT&T are GSM
    Verizon and Sprint are CDMA
    Nextel is iDen
    Ok.... you're right.

    Now why is cingular better than tmobile?

  4. #24
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    What Cellular Fantasy said:
    $200 for s710a
    One free v551
    One v551 for $99
    For some reason they also said that activation was $36 for each phone

    What cingular said:
    s710a for $200
    v551 for $79 after rebate
    v551 for $79 after rebate
    Activation on Cingular family plans are $18.00/phone. Single line activations are $36.00/phone. What I usually tell my customers is "If you activate 1 line, activation is $36.00. If you activate 2, I'll cut that in half/activate 1 phone for free"

    The activation fee is included on the 1st bill. If they make you pay upfront activation, call Cingular and get them in trouble.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  5. #25
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Ok.... you're right.

    Now why is cingular better than tmobile?
    T-mobile uses Cingular's towers in the west coast. Why go through a 3rd party to get the same quality service. Also, Cingular offers Rollover and Unlimited M2M on all of their plans. They also guarantee No Roaming or LD charges ever.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  6. #26
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    Activation on Cingular family plans are $18.00/phone. Single line activations are $36.00/phone. What I usually tell my customers is "If you activate 1 line, activation is $36.00. If you activate 2, I'll cut that in half/activate 1 phone for free"

    The activation fee is included on the 1st bill. If they make you pay upfront activation, call Cingular and get them in trouble.

    Peace,

    Rafster
    Ok... I'll tell them that. But they did say that I get activation on the first bill.

  7. #27
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    T-mobile uses Cingular's towers in the west coast. Why go through a 3rd party to get the same quality service. Also, Cingular offers Rollover and Unlimited M2M on all of their plans. They also guarantee No Roaming or LD charges ever.

    Peace,

    Rafster
    I guess an extra $5 a month is worth it

    Now I have to figure out this phone dilemma.

  8. #28
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Print this out and show it to them if they don't believe you.

    http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel...uid=2208500022

    Peace,

    Rafster

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    36
    Not all Walmarts sell contract phones. Mine does and most of the ones around here do. The phone prices are much cheaper than a retail Cingular store. They don't sell them online as far as I know since activations are done through the carrier not Walmart. Anyways, it's call a "Connection Center" and they sell phones from several different carriers, 3 at my store....around 5 at a nearby larger store. I suppose some stores still have kiosks with just one carrier, but we booted them out over a year ago and it was crappy Alltel. Now we sell alot more phones and it's run by Walmart employees, not flakey cellular ppl.

  10. #30
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by QnoisX
    Not all Walmarts sell contract phones. Mine does and most of the ones around here do. The phone prices are much cheaper than a retail Cingular store. They don't sell them online as far as I know since activations are done through the carrier not Walmart. Anyways, it's call a "Connection Center" and they sell phones from several different carriers, 3 at my store....around 5 at a nearby larger store. I suppose some stores still have kiosks with just one carrier, but we booted them out over a year ago and it was crappy Alltel. Now we sell alot more phones and it's run by Walmart employees, not flakey cellular ppl.
    So how much is a v551 and a s710a there?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM
  2. Treo 650 CINGULAR GSM phone
    By michaelrj9 in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 01:34 PM
  3. cingular 19.99
    By ucidave in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
  4. cingular
    By alti in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 01:16 PM
  5. Criticize my plan.
    By metalhedd in forum Newbie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 03:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •