Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 475

Thread: Boost mobile?

  1. #41
    FLAC mbkowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    1,141
    How do you activate the cards?

    1888-xxx-xxxx

    code # on the 20$ card xxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

    how does all that work?

    Thinking to make a plugin in centrafuse to have it dial that on the phone and have it enter the code #.
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

    2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

    MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

  2. #42
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkowns
    How do you activate the cards?

    1888-xxx-xxxx

    code # on the 20$ card xxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

    how does all that work?

    Thinking to make a plugin in centrafuse to have it dial that on the phone and have it enter the code #.
    either an 888/866/800 #, through website. or dial 233

    http://www.boostmobile.com/reboost/

  3. #43
    FLAC mbkowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    1,141
    Cool I was over thinkin it well time for bed

    thanks
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

    2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

    MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

  4. #44
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Anyone with one of these phones have a linux box handy?

    Hoping it shows up as a virtual commport and the windows drivers aren't needed. (But I doubt it)

  5. #45
    FLAC PURDooM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Anoka County, MN
    Posts
    1,020
    Mkbrowns: Once you do the initial configuration, you can add a credit card to it and add money to the phone via the internet. So you don't have to mess with it.

    shotgun: It shows up as a Motorola iDen USB modem, I don't know if nix drivers have been written for it. In your case, you probably would want to buy the serial modem cable, so the phone would act as a straightforward serial modem.
    http://www.google.com/search?hs=ake&...ux&btnG=Search

    I use a KVM switch to switch between an ubuntu box and my XP box, so I'll plug in my phone later today and see what happens. (gotta go to work )

    Rafster: Codeplugging seems cappable of alot of things (looks like a firmware update), is it concievable that via codeplugging software you could edit the firmware to reboot after it recieves a phonecall? (phonecall from wrong number interupts java applet, which means no more gps tracking. A reboot would activate the software again)
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

    Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

    Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

  6. #46
    Raw Wave shotgunefx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    Mkbrowns: Once you do the initial configuration, you can add a credit card to it and add money to the phone via the internet. So you don't have to mess with it.

    shotgun: It shows up as a Motorola iDen USB modem, I don't know if nix drivers have been written for it. In your case, you probably would want to buy the serial modem cable, so the phone would act as a straightforward serial modem.
    http://www.google.com/search?hs=ake&...ux&btnG=Search
    Thanks, Have to do some more digging. I could never get my sprint BT phone working with DUN.

    For the money sounds great. Hope I can use it.

  7. #47
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by PURDooM
    Rafster: Codeplugging seems cappable of alot of things (looks like a firmware update), is it concievable that via codeplugging software you could edit the firmware to reboot after it recieves a phonecall? (phonecall from wrong number interupts java applet, which means no more gps tracking. A reboot would activate the software again)
    Probably... I'm not sure though.....

    Peace,

    Rafster

  8. #48
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    http://www.theidenforce.com

    That's the site to get all your iden custumization needs!

    Peace,

    Rafster

  9. #49
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    I'm thinking about doing this. It's really $6/mo? I have free I-NET through my Sprint phone right now, but I have to plug in a USB cable and incomming calls go to voice-mail. I'd rather have a dedicated line for car I-NET if it is only $6/mo.

  10. #50
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattleish, WA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    I'm thinking about doing this. It's really $6/mo? I have free I-NET through my Sprint phone right now, but I have to plug in a USB cable and incomming calls go to voice-mail. I'd rather have a dedicated line for car I-NET if it is only $6/mo.
    and I'm only half a beat behind you!

    My system is just going in and I'm thinking that this is a heckofan easy way to get 'Net access in the truck.

    Now if only I can find a single DIN mounting solution for a Xenarc 7"! (yeah, I know about the one box that no one seems to be able to get... ARGH!)
    :: Mark

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •