Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95

Thread: 2000 chevy truck Install

  1. #61
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Nice progress. Are you using a texture on that to match the factory look? I can't wait to get a H701 and C701, i'm so jealous. Can you explain more about the sony dvd player/burner or provide a link to it.

    oh yea 20 degrees today damn you're lucky. It was low teens for the high here
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  2. #62
    Low Bitrate slinkytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97
    Thanks. Yea we are trying a few different texture types. A 3m product and a Sem one. Both are good both have there good points and bad points. Matching the truck texture is damm near impossiable but we can get close to it. The DVD is a sony mini disk player here is a link to it:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11039134

    Its nice due to the fact that its small and you can make it very flush mounted becasue of the way it opens up. Also it runs off of 5 volts so my carnetix power supply will power it up and my usb very nicely.

  3. #63
    Low Bitrate slinkytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97
    8:46 PM December 9 2007 The time and date of music playing in my truck after 8 months of nothing. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a few little things that i need to work on but all in all life is good. The carnexit power supply and the DSATX power supply seem to be working just great that was my biggest fear in this hole build. But so far so good will spent the next few days working on the little things. I'll post pix over the next few days.

  4. #64
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkytoy View Post
    Thanks. Yea we are trying a few different texture types. A 3m product and a Sem one. Both are good both have there good points and bad points. Matching the truck texture is damm near impossiable but we can get close to it. The DVD is a sony mini disk player here is a link to it:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11039134

    Its nice due to the fact that its small and you can make it very flush mounted becasue of the way it opens up. Also it runs off of 5 volts so my carnetix power supply will power it up and my usb very nicely.
    Thanks for that link. I didn't know it was an external dvd burner. Any reason you did the trayload over a slotload?

    Quote Originally Posted by slinkytoy View Post
    8:46 PM December 9 2007 The time and date of music playing in my truck after 8 months of nothing. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a few little things that i need to work on but all in all life is good. The carnexit power supply and the DSATX power supply seem to be working just great that was my biggest fear in this hole build. But so far so good will spent the next few days working on the little things. I'll post pix over the next few days.
    I'm glad everything worked on the first boot up. Thats always a good feeling.
    Looking forward to more pictures
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  5. #65
    Low Bitrate slinkytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by sporty_drew View Post
    Thanks for that link. I didn't know it was an external dvd burner. Any reason you did the trayload over a slotload?


    I'm glad everything worked on the first boot up. Thats always a good feeling.
    Looking forward to more pictures
    Small thin look and to tell yea the truth everyone has done the normal dvd/cd thing. I like the slotloaders but i have had problems with those kind of drives in the past and in the truck i didn't want anything weird going on. This drive was just a different look.

    Yea me too. Just a few little things to work out but i think I'm pretty much on it.
    But have MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #66
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkytoy View Post
    Small thin look and to tell yea the truth everyone has done the normal dvd/cd thing. I like the slotloaders but i have had problems with those kind of drives in the past and in the truck i didn't want anything weird going on. This drive was just a different look.

    Yea me too. Just a few little things to work out but i think I'm pretty much on it.
    But have MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't mean to come off harsh. I was just wondering.

    Hows the tuning coming with the 701?
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  7. #67
    Low Bitrate slinkytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97
    Ah no no i didn't take it that way. I just like the nice thin look and molding in the console worked out real nice for the clean look. I'm messing around with the settings alittle bit on the 701 now. But I'll tell yea just right out of the box no settings no tunning it sounds good. So once we get in there and really start to tune it up things will get more crisp and tighter sounding. I think its just the fact that i have sound in my truck and can listen to sirius again I'm happy as hell.

  8. #68
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Thats good to hear. Now i can't wait to get mine this spring
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  9. #69
    Newbie groundpounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    19
    Maybe Now he won't be so damn cranky all the time! lol!!!!

    Will get even better once we get those horns in this weekend for the front end highs.
    Mile High Sound Designs
    "Fabricators of personality"
    www.mhsound.com
    Mile High Club
    Certified IASCA Judge
    IASCA Competitor
    Team Image Dynamics
    Team Arc Audio

    The Mile High Club Forums

  10. #70
    Low Bitrate slinkytoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97
    Well 2 days into the system and i would have to say that i am very happy with the dsatx power supply. Nice power output no problems so far and the shutdown timers are work perfectly. Weather has been pretty cold the past few days and it seems to be handling it with no problems. And hell yea once the horns go in the front end of the truck will come ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Similar Threads

  1. 2000 Denali Install - Lots of pics!
    By rulouder22 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
  2. 2000 Monte Carlo SS install
    By snmnetwork in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 06:47 PM
  4. Dash Fabrication for Chevy Truck!
    By voidunknown in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •