2004 Honda Odyssey install
My first attempt at building a car-pc:
ASUS M2V-MX AM2 VIA K8M890 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Orleans 1.8GHz Socket AM2 Processor
1 GB DDR2 800 RAM
JATON VIDEO-118PCI-64DDR-TV GeForce2 MX400 64MB 64-bit DDR PCI Video Card
TOSHIBA MK1237GSX (HDD2D62) 120GB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Panasonic UJ-85J-B Slim Slot load DVD±R/±RW/+RDL/RAM Multi Drive
Lilliput 629 touchscreen
System is built with the above components (except GeForce2 MX400 card), TinyXP installed, touchscreen drivers working.
Left to do:
1. Install GeForce2 MX400 card as secondary video (primary VGA is on mobo)
2. Install front-end (still deciding, but will give RR a shot first)
3. Test power load and purchase DC-DC opus (prolly 250W, maybe 320W).
4. Build custom MDF case (to go between two front seats under center tray/cupholder thingy)
5. Decide/purchase/install two composite headrest monitors for backseat (connect to composite video out of 2ndary video card for watching movies)... looking at XO Vision or PYLE for < $100 each.
6. Install Lilliput in dash (Odyssey has a double-DIN dash opening)
7. Decide on a head-unit and location of head unit (considering doing a removable face relocation)
So, left to do... pretty much everything ;) (actually the planning's been the hardest part)
Will continue to post with photos as I progress.