Given Everything I had running I wanted to know How much power I was consuming to see If i had enough juice left for a 160 GB 5400 RPM to add to the system. So I hooked up the DMM and took notes:
Power OFF: .14A
Hard drive Spin up =5.05 A
power on booted, no programs running =3.00 A
Start audio = 3.95A
Peak while audio plays = 4.25A
So the most Power I used was about 63Watts
This was measured across the fuse box that was right next to my battery. So looking at inefficiencies in the opus and the wire, I was prolly using less than 60 Watts. My bench test power supply is just a modified AC adaptor for a laptop, with a selectable range of output voltages (8-20). It said its max output was 60 W and I used that thing for hours on end, with no problems. So it would make sense that I was only using about 60 watts
My startup time is 54.7 seconds from ign to music
Broken down as such (approx)
5 seconds opus delay ( I hate that)
7 seconds BIOS
31 seconds windows
11 seconds for RR to load FE and playlist with 2700 songs. I many more than 2700 songs, that was just the playlist that was loaded when I booted.
I have optimized my bios, I have an Nlited copy of XPPro SP2, I have prefetch enabled for boot only, I have 10 processes and 9 services. I have optimized with bootvis a few times. I have been unable to defrag lately. Is there anything else I can do to speed this up!!!