Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 114

Thread: 2001 Porsche Boxster S

  1. #101
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322

    a short long trip

    Tires came in from tirerack.com. It was a site to see, me driving 14 mph to one of my favorite garages’ so they could put them on my car. I had one in the front trunk, two in the passenger seat, and one in the rear trunk. Who said you do have room in a Porsche!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #102
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322

    What is your favorite frontend?

    What is your favorite frontend? I’m done almost with the carpc and planning my next project… An arcade machine. I’m looking for a frontend. I don’t really like the default Centrafuse file system for the music selections.

    I don’t like road runner basic look, but I like some skins for road runner. I saw a plug-in for cover flow for road runner. How hard (time consuming) is it to incorporate it into road runner?

    I like the versatility of Streetdeck but I couldn’t find a plug-in for .m4a plus no cover flow. I really like cover flow and trying to move outside of apple’s iTunes for a frontend. Yes I know any kind of cover flow/ clones will take up more memory, but I have plenty to spare.

    So what do you guys think I should run?

  3. #103
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322

    Mia

    MIAMIAMIAMIAMIAMIA

    I know its been a long time since my last post.
    so I'm waiting on another Porsche to come in and 2nd time around for a car pc.

    this build I plan to go with:

    MCS Fanless PC
    LILLIPUT 7" 629GL-70NP/C/T
    The Audio setup:
    head unit- DEH-P860MP
    iPod Adapter- CD-IB100
    Aux Adapter-CD-RB20
    Amp- GM-6200F
    Speakers- Pro50

    I still plain to use two of the old rocker switches i modified for hard buttons.
    I'm not sure if I will install a cam on this one. While I like my cam, I went through three of them. All damage by rocks. So I will start another Post for that Porsche when I get it in...
    Till then I guess I could post the RV pc... but its nothing special.

  4. #104
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigseven74 View Post
    MIAMIAMIAMIAMIAMIA

    I know its been a long time since my last post.
    so I'm waiting on another Porsche to come in and 2nd time around for a car pc.

    this build I plan to go with:

    MCS Fanless PC
    LILLIPUT 7" 629GL-70NP/C/T
    The Audio setup:
    head unit- DEH-P860MP
    iPod Adapter- CD-IB100
    Aux Adapter-CD-RB20
    Amp- GM-6200F
    Speakers- Pro50

    I still plain to use two of the old rocker switches i modified for hard buttons.
    I'm not sure if I will install a cam on this one. While I like my cam, I went through three of them. All damage by rocks. So I will start another Post for that Porsche when I get it in...
    Till then I guess I could post the RV pc... but its nothing special.
    Yea it has been a long time. What Porsche are you going with now?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #105
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322
    3 months thinking about this, Carrera or Boxster S or Cayman/S. Three great cars. In the end it came down to the Carrera and the Boxster S. I like the overall look of the 911, but I hate the look of the soft top on it. It adds a extra hump in the back of it (I don’t like the lines of a soft top). So I would only buy a hardtop 911. Seeing that I had a Boxster S, I was a big fan of the car. I love the mid engine setup, plus PERSONIALY I think it’s the best looking convertible Porsche make besides the Carrera GT.

    In the end more powerful Carrera was shadowed by its little brother and my choice the Boxster S.
    With it still being hot, the convertible is what sold the Boxster S again for me. I will miss the WHP of the Carrera, but the turbo setup from TPC Racing will make me forget about that. Plus I like the ideal of sleeper cars.

  6. #106
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigseven74 View Post
    3 months thinking about this, Carrera or Boxster S or Cayman/S. Three great cars. In the end it came down to the Carrera and the Boxster S. I like the overall look of the 911, but I hate the look of the soft top on it. It adds a extra hump in the back of it (I donít like the lines of a soft top). So I would only buy a hardtop 911. Seeing that I had a Boxster S, I was a big fan of the car. I love the mid engine setup, plus PERSONIALY I think itís the best looking convertible Porsche make besides the Carrera GT.

    In the end more powerful Carrera was shadowed by its little brother and my choice the Boxster S.
    With it still being hot, the convertible is what sold the Boxster S again for me. I will miss the WHP of the Carrera, but the turbo setup from TPC Racing will make me forget about that. Plus I like the ideal of sleeper cars.
    I love the Cayman..... its like a mish mash of the boxter (which I hate) and the Carrera. The Carrera is so played out (at least in Miami). I have seen people do impressive things with the Cayman though. One that I have seen around is black with charcol color racing strips. It looks so hot yet classy. He also has black rims with chrome lip to match. He must have a sports package because I see he too has the automatic adjustable wing, something I have never seen on a Cayman.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #107
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322
    Sounds hot, if I still had my other Boxster I would've gone for the 911 but... I like my convertibles to much and yes I no a convertible isn't a track car. Boxster for me, are about enjoying a great drive. Every time I was in a Cayman or 911 hardtop I always thinking about only if it was a convertible. You do realize that a Cayman is a hardtop (track day car) of the Boxster? Both are fun to drive, but the Cayman is more track suited. On the third Porsche it will be a hardtop (seeing that I still have my convertible)

  8. #108
    Variable Bitrate Bigseven74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    322
    This has been a fun/hard journey. Now I will take all my ups and downs and move it into the 2003 Porsche. If you are thinking about building a Carpc for your car... Do it! I'm driving my 03 Boxster S without having one in it. I can tell you that going back to CDs really fills like, go back to tape from CDs. I cant wait for the other pc to come in for the 03 Porsche.

    See you on that worklog. Thanks to everybody that has helped/ viewed my log. See you in the next round. 2003 Boxster S... I'm at it again!!!

  9. #109
    Mod - all of it. SapporoGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SonyLand
    Posts
    458
    Hi Bigseven74 !

    Are you a fellow Pelican?

  10. #110
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigseven74 View Post
    This has been a fun/hard journey. Now I will take all my ups and downs and move it into the 2003 Porsche. If you are thinking about building a Carpc for your car... Do it! I'm driving my 03 Boxster S without having one in it. I can tell you that going back to CDs really fills like, go back to tape from CDs. I cant wait for the other pc to come in for the 03 Porsche.

    See you on that worklog. Thanks to everybody that has helped/ viewed my log. See you in the next round. 2003 Boxster S... I'm at it again!!!
    HAHAHAHAHHA, I tried the same thing at some point, now im installing an even bigger set up, lol.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Similar Threads

  1. Indexing music in 1.0.9.8 Failed
    By hovalistic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM
  2. 2000 Porsche Boxster CarPuter
    By toddwess in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 04:53 PM
  3. Porsche Boxster Valentine 1 Remote Display Mirror - ebay
    By ukchris in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 08:17 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:55 PM
  5. 2002 Porsche Boxster S w/Tview
    By stoodo in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •