Old pc would fit in the glove box in the new passat, but the case would not, so I had to bend up a new one. Pro tip: Pay attention to the details. I actually built the acrylic top in reverse first, and had to reverse all the bends. I had everything marked properly, but removed the notes when I finally went to use the heat gun.
So to get the bend, first built a template to test fit and then build over (also proof I can still figure out how to get the angle needed in my head at 2 in the morning after working a 65 hour week):
Then cut a bit of acrylic to size:
Case should have been quite clean, but due to the doubling of all the bends (not to mention I had been up for 20 hours by the time it was done) added some blemishes. Good enough to be hidden in the glovebox most of the time.
Also bought two dash kits for my car, as running screenless for a while, I figured I'd run the dash kit where the factory stereo went with two pockets (each kit coming with one pocket). Turns out the pockets aren't 1 DIN, they're more like .75 din. So instead I created a blanking plate out of the dual single DIN faceplate. Little plexi and the interior surface of a black binder, and I have a decent looking product:
Also got the goodies in the mail for relocating my head unit on Wednesday. Unfortunately, haven't had time to do anything with them:
B6 Passat dash looks like this: