A few updates:
First off- I have replaced the old, dying ac pump with a new MCP-355 12volt pump. I also purchased a custom top for the pump to get smaller tubing connections since the pump has 3/8" barbs and I need 1/4".
No more inverter, pump is silent and temp is slightly better.
I have figured out just HOW I am going to complete my display mount, but due to things outside my control, I have not been able to fab it up yet.
I have been struggling with the applications and interface though: icons too small, apps that don't scale size properly (can't access some settings at all) and the lack of "right click" and a proper keyboard.
I am getting to the point where I am willing to try Linux Vista- errrr, I mean Ubuntu again. lmao
And even considering (ugh) winblows.