Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 851

Thread: [DEAD]Project Turtle: 1993 Toyota Tercel/56K=FAIL

  1. #461
    Sheepdog rdholtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    Plus the reviews I've read on the MagicJack have been less than good, so I'm kinda leery...
    Yeah, the MagicJack concept sounds really good, and I've thought about trying one. I have no experience with it myself, but I've heard reports that some users simply can't get a line reliably, or that their calls get dropped frequently. Sounds like the infrastructure builders may not be keeping pace with the marketing group.
    .
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

    2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html
    .

  2. #462
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholtz View Post
    Yeah, the MagicJack concept sounds really good, and I've thought about trying one. I have no experience with it myself, but I've heard reports that some users simply can't get a line reliably, or that their calls get dropped frequently. Sounds like the infrastructure builders may not be keeping pace with the marketing group.
    It could also be these are people with $h!++y internet connections in the first place. Alot of people dont understand that these types of phone services need a good connection. My little brother had Vonage and complained all the time. Turns out the connection issues were from his massive server downloading 24/7 and major uploads (which magic jack and vonage rely on).
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  3. #463
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    At home I have 256k down and around 80k up, but part of that is due to the fact that our landline is digital. Our phone and Internet run on the same line. Tv, Internet and phone are all from the same company, so we have VoIP, just not a well known one. Lol
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  4. #464
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    At home I have 256k down and around 80k up, but part of that is due to the fact that our landline is digital. Our phone and Internet run on the same line. Tv, Internet and phone are all from the same company, so we have VoIP, just not a well known one. Lol
    OMG, I could never live out there then. Mine is 16mb download and 3mb upload.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #465
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    Well, like I mentioned in a previous post, this entire town runs off one single fiber optic line... I'm lucky to get 1MBPS at night, but that's because no one's really online(prime downloading time; too bad about TPB selling out... ).
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  6. #466
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    Started working on the fan bay today, but I can't get the plastic welding to hold like it needs to. As much as I hate to, I think I'm gonna use ABS cement(God, that stuff stinks... literally). Hopefully that will hold it together. I have managed to get the motorcycle battery to hold a charge. It just needed more acid in it. What it had must have spilled out. (I had it in a moped, and I took a quick turn onto gravel, and bit it... )
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  7. #467
    Sheepdog rdholtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    1,606
    You may want to see if you can locate the motorcycle battery under the hood, because it produces fumes, and they're caustic. The underhood area is very well vented, even when stopped, because the radiator requires it; neither the cabin nor the trunk are vented that well.

    In my car, there's still some space available in the area in front of the left wheel well. I'd have located a second battery there if I hadn't used a sealed lead acid system.

    The wiring is the same no matter where you put it..
    .
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

    2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html
    .

  8. #468
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    (I had it in a moped, and I took a quick turn onto gravel, and bit it... )
    Pics?
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  9. #469
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    Started working on the fan bay today, but I can't get the plastic welding to hold like it needs to. As much as I hate to, I think I'm gonna use ABS cement(God, that stuff stinks... literally). Hopefully that will hold it together. I have managed to get the motorcycle battery to hold a charge. It just needed more acid in it. What it had must have spilled out. (I had it in a moped, and I took a quick turn onto gravel, and bit it... )
    OMG whats up with you driving off the road, lol. Also, what I would do is use Popsicle sticks to act as a reenforcement to make it stronger. I am guessing there is to big of a gap so the plastic is sagging and or falling off?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdholtz View Post
    You may want to see if you can locate the motorcycle battery under the hood, because it produces fumes, and they're caustic. The underhood area is very well vented, even when stopped, because the radiator requires it; neither the cabin nor the trunk are vented that well.

    In my car, there's still some space available in the area in front of the left wheel well. I'd have located a second battery there if I hadn't used a sealed lead acid system.

    The wiring is exactly the same.
    OMG, please make sure you put that battery in a safe place. You know dealing with electrical is so scary. Maybe thats why I am the only one that thinks its a bad idea.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  10. #470
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    Tidder: that was two years ago, I couldn't get it to start after that, so I gave it to a friend who works on motorcycles. I think he ended up parting it out.

    HiJack: I'll try that. And I'm gonna go look at my engine bay right now and see if I have the space there.

    I do have space, next to the other battery even. I just need to finish charging this one and test how long it'll run
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
  2. 2004 Toyota Corolla S Project!
    By PaulDePimp in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM
  3. 1993 GMC Sport Truck Project
    By chapstick in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:37 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 04:43 AM
  5. A Start Community Project
    By BenjaminS in forum MacCar
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •