The Turtle got a much needed upgrade today. I switched the headlights out from the OE sealed beam H4666's to some new H4's. They are significantly brighter. Sorry, it totally slipped my mind to take comparison pix, but they are nice. I had to make a sort of conversion kit for them to fit though...
I took the diagram posted here.
and applied it to the H4 sockets from AutoZone here.
I used these on the ends on the pigtail coming off of the sockets and, using the diagram for the conversion, plugged the ends into the respective plugs on the OE socket.
Replacing the headlights was pretty easy. It took about an hour. The front grille had to come off, along with the corner lights, but it was just screws, no clips to deal with.