Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 337374757677787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 851

Thread: [DEAD]Project Turtle: 1993 Toyota Tercel/56K=FAIL

  1. #821
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    XPort fixed my Bluetooth re-pairing issues when resuming from Hibernate. Now my XMPCR doesn't resume from Hibernate and XPort doesn't help matters any. Any suggestions?

    I also ordered the Andrea bundle from the MP3Car store. It came in yesterday. I installed it today. I won't know anything until I get the CarPC reinstalled.

    I updated the chipset drivers to the latest version. It seems to have fixed the Hibernation issue I previously reported. I have also trimmed the startup time down to 25 seconds. I plan to detail how I did that later (if I can remember...)
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  2. #822
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    I have also trimmed the startup time down to 25 seconds. I plan to detail how I did that later (if I can remember...)
    I'm doing this now while I still have time. I trimmed the startup down by messing with my BIOS settings to cut down the time needed for POST. I turned auto-detection for drives and devices off, set booting removable devices to off and set the primary SSD as the first boot device. I'm still fighting the XMPCR resume from Hibernate issue, although it seems that having XPort reset the driver and Centrafuse to 9000 ms delay on resume has somewhat fixed it, but I think what gets played back before the cutoff is just what CF buffered before Hibernate...
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  3. #823
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    XPort fixed my Bluetooth re-pairing issues when resuming from Hibernate. Now my XMPCR doesn't resume from Hibernate and XPort doesn't help matters any. Any suggestions?

    I also ordered the Andrea bundle from the MP3Car store. It came in yesterday. I installed it today. I won't know anything until I get the CarPC reinstalled.

    I updated the chipset drivers to the latest version. It seems to have fixed the Hibernation issue I previously reported. I have also trimmed the startup time down to 25 seconds. I plan to detail how I did that later (if I can remember...)

    Are you still using Win 7? If yes, go into the sound options because alot of people are reporting that Win 7 has echo cancellation built in.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  4. #824
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    It must've passed me up, because my sound cards have noise cancellation and 3D Sound Emulation, but not echo cancellation...
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  5. #825
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    It must've passed me up, because my sound cards have noise cancellation and 3D Sound Emulation, but not echo cancellation...
    See thats the thing. I dont know if its Win 7 that does the Acoustic Echo Cancellation, or the soundcard. So you may want to hunt around. There is a chance, maybe its a software ENCR that Windows has built in. I know alot of people are saying that it makes the echo very small. You still hear it, but it isnt so bad that the phone conversastion is impossible. Have you thought about the SOHO? It gets rid of echo by up to 99%.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  6. #826
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    I got this Andrea bundle with the USB sound card that has ENCR hardware/software that I've heard works really well. I just need to sort out the XMPCR issues so I can get back to the car to test it.
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  7. #827
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    Got all of my issues sorted except the OPUS and echo. I need to have my CarPC in the car for those. I'll put it back in and (hopefully) fix those.
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  8. #828
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    XM will only play through one channel with my onboard sound card. It doesn't play at all on my generic USB sound card (not the Andrea USB sound card). If I go into the sound settings and select Recording, it goes to both channels, but as soon as I close the box, it goes back to the one channel. (It's the left channel that is the only channel that plays...) It's starting to **** me off... I'm really considering going back to XP now...
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  9. #829
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    XM will only play through one channel with my onboard sound card. It doesn't play at all on my generic USB sound card (not the Andrea USB sound card). If I go into the sound settings and select Recording, it goes to both channels, but as soon as I close the box, it goes back to the one channel. (It's the left channel that is the only channel that plays...) It's starting to **** me off... I'm really considering going back to XP now...
    See its f*#ked up because Win 7 is so much better when it comes to the hybrid sleep feature, but alot of devices dont have drivers because it all legacy cr@p. It nice that XP works great but that hybrid sleep is just looking too good. I mean image turning the key and your PC is on instantly. If you stay away from the car too long then it hibernates. With XP its sleep or hibernate. If someone can make a hybrid sleep for XP, then I will most likely stay with XP.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  10. #830
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,141
    The OPUS still isn't shutting things down properly. I'm going back to XP with EWF and HORM. It worked a heck of a lot better than this BS...
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
  2. 2004 Toyota Corolla S Project!
    By PaulDePimp in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 07:31 PM
  3. 1993 GMC Sport Truck Project
    By chapstick in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 05:37 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 05:43 AM
  5. A Start Community Project
    By BenjaminS in forum MacCar
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 06:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •