It's mounted underneath the rear shelf.
Woah, haha my bad for not being able to update the thread. I didn't have my car for basically the past 6 months so I wasn't able to work on it much in that time. But now that I have it back things are in motion again.
- installed Win 7 Pro (going into hibernation seems so fast, probably because it turns off the screen first)
- installed new front-view camera (Sony 1/3" CCD camera with auto-iris, pics below)
- moved old front-view camera to be my RPM cam
- got a transflective 629 from MP3Car and swapped it out for my old screen
- OBD1 data logging with Honda's 3pin DLC port
- mount PC in boot floor instead of under rear shelf
- fix Bluetooth handsfree with phone
- find a use for my old screen? Two screen setup? dunno..
Here are some pics of some of the stuff above:
Sony 1/3" CCD 480p camera with auto-iris, adjustable lens 4 - 9mm, AES and BLC
From outside. I have since given the car a good wash / claybar / etc so will probably take clearer pics later. Probably wouldn't notice the camera irl unless you were looking for it.
From inside, can't really tell it's there.
Front camera view on the screen. That bright spot I'm pretty certain is the flash from my digital camera.
The old camera, has been temporarily taped down there to show RPM but will mount it properly soon.
Video from RPM cam. Nothing exciting as I can't take it for a drive until I get new spark plugs, leads and clean/flow test my injectors.
I'll take some pictures of the centre console with the new transflective screen, possibly side by side with the old 629 too. The transflective has an added bonus, it's actually pitch black when it's off so it will blend in more with the console and make it harder to see from outside. Where as my old 629 is a reflective when off.