'08 Mazda 3 Build
Been lurking :peep: the forums for a while now, researching the parts, software, and what not, and am ready to start building my system. My goals with the system:
- Replace stock speakers with aftermarket component speakers, sub and amp.
- Replace stock head unit with touch screen LCD. I have a Double Din dash kit, and will mount a 7" screen. Currently researching Lilliput screens.
- Install Carputer system. Will initially use a laptop. Ultimately I will build an Atom based system. Waiting for nVidia's Ion platform details/availability. Will download trial versions of the various front ends to play around with this weekend.
- Install GPS guidance system. Currently researching iGuidance and Garmin.
- Bluetooth hands free phone support.
- Incorporate internet access via wifi enabled windows mobile smart phone.
- Add HD radio support.
- ByByte Double Din LCD frame
- Mazda 3 Double Din Dash Kit
- Lilliput 701 Touchscreen LCD
- HP Laptop with BluRay, ATSC TV tuner, Radio Tuner, Bluetooth, Wifi.
My next steps include purchasing the speaker upgrades, finalize/purchase an LCD screen, and finalize/purchase a software front end.
Will start posting pics as soon as I begin actuall tear out/fabrication.
Comments, questions, suggestions are most welcome. :yum: