Project Checklist- Update
This is an updated checklist I have on the first page on my thread.
* M4-ATX Automotive DC-DC Power Supply, 250 W- CHECK
* LED Backlit Touch Screen Monitor - Still Need but PC build can still proceed
* 120mm Case Fan - airflow exhaust for center console storage bin- CHECK
* Windows 7- CHECK
* 1 GB DDR2 Module- Still need to upgrade to 2GB but 1GB will do for now
* USB Wifi Adapter- CHECK
* Centrafuse Navigation: North America- Need to install 3.1 and purchase License
* Intel D945GCLF2D Mini ITX Mainboard- CHECK
* Logitech DiNovo Mini Bluetooth Keyboard- CHECK
* 32GB SATA SSD- CHECK
* Micro Bluetooth USB Dongle- CHECK
* Alpine SPR-17S - 6-1/2" 2-Way 330W Component Speaker System- CHECK
* Alpine SWE-1042 - 10" 750W 4-Ohm Subwoofer x 4- Still Need Custom trunk installation (I already own all 4 subs)
* Upgrade AMP- still need.
* Alpine rear deck speakers- CHECK
* Alpine SPR-17C - 6-1/2" Speakers for rear doors- CHECK
* Install grill behind back seat center drop down armrest- Still need but not necessary for build/working on redesign.
* LCD Rear View Mirror Monitor- CHECK..but the rear view display may move to a different monitor.
* Backup camera- CHECK
* M350 Mini-ITX Case w/ mounting brackets- CHECK
* 120mm Washable Fan Filter- CHECK
* Prewired HDD Green LED w/ motherboard header connector.- CHECK
* Reset/power/power LED Switch cable with MOBO header connector- CHECK
* Latched Power button w/ Green LED Ring- Not needed
* USB CarPC Amp- Not needed
Future Project Enhancement Idea- Side View Video Input
My project basically has about 5 phases which is listed below.
- Video Input Enhancement
My future plan after my CarPC build and installation is complete will be to add another monitor in the dash dedicated to a constant video feed from the side view mirrors. I'm still working out the details on the design but this will be cool once completed. I also want my rear view camera to be a constant feed as well rather than switching only when I reverse.
I don't want to use a video "switch" design because that would cause for manual intervention at some point. I want one display with two (split) views, the right side view and the left side view (similar to what is used in video surveillance).
I am really leaning towards making this design independent from my CarPC though, because if something happens to my PC or something I will lose the video. It would be nice to find a reasonably priced, smaller solution similar to "video wall processing".