Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 229

Thread: '05 Nissan Altima- Intel D945GCLF2D Mini-ITX in Center Console (Storage Bin Mod)

  1. #31
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092

    Ditching the After Market Head Unit?

    Ok so...I think I am finally breaking down and deciding on replacing my head unit with my PC. I can run cable from the sound card to my AMP. When it comes time for me to upgrade my AMP I would prefer to get one that has a remote to adjust and tune it. Any suggestions?

    I am going to test this with my EEEPC which I have mounted as my CarPC currently. I will need to get a higher grade Jack to RCA cable adaptor but we shall see how it sounds. If all goes well as could be expected then that will cut more cost from my project (I was going to upgrade my head unit). This will also provide an easy switch over to use my Windows Mobile phone as a backup media player. Since the LCD Monitors have 2 video inputs, one will be the PC and the other will be my Phone if needed (though no interaction unless I use the VNC...we shall see). I use my rearview mirror as my backup camera already so that is covered.

    I found this straight forward overview of connecting my PC to my AMP: CarPC Hacks
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  2. #32
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092

    USB Sound Card Solution

    I know there are many USB sound card solutions out there but I think I found one that adds an "easy to reach" option for controlling the sound. If I decided on this, the upgraded audio jack to RCA cable will be connected from this straight to my AMP.

    Creative Labs Xmod USB Sound Card





    These are the specs:

    Connectivity USB Mini-B
    Line Out - 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo jack
    Line In / Mic in - 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo jack
    Headphone Out - 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo jack


    X-Fi Technology
    X-Fi Crystalizer
    X-Fi CMSS-3D Virtual
    X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone


    Earphone Specifications Frequency Range: 140 Hz ~ 20 KHz
    Sensitivity: 112 dB ± 3 dB (I/P Level:1 mW)
    Impedance: 32 ohm ± 15%
    Plug: 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo miniplug


    Power Requirements (USB or AC Adapter)
    Supply Voltage : 5V +/- 5%
    Current : 1A
    Power : 1W
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  3. #33
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092

    Which Power Supply? CarNetix CNX-P2140 or M2-ATX-HV Intelligent PSU

    Ok...after some more forum reading and manual reading I wonder if I should get the CarNetix CNX-P2140 rather than the M2-ATX-HV Intelligent PSU.

    They both generally have the same goal in preventing improper shutdown and protecting from battery drain. I am, however, especially interested in the "Pulse Start Feature" of the Carnetix. I have been looking for such a solution for a while now.Search for term pulse in the Manual.

    Any suggestions? How well will the CarNetix work with the Intel D945GCLF2D Mini-ITX?
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  4. #34
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by hexxamillion View Post
    Any suggestions? How well will the CarNetix work with the Intel D945GCLF2D Mini-ITX?
    OK...So my question was already answered in this post. Even though I am no longer using a Zotac IONITX, I believe this answer still applies being that the Intel board I am going to use is similar.

    Carnetix it is! Time to update my checklist in post#22.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  5. #35
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092

    My Center Console Modify Plan

    I think I am going to purchase a center console from a junk yard or online (I saw some people are selling online). This will avoid me having to chop up my stock and will serve as a backup in case things don't work out quite how I want them to.

    This is basically what I will be disassembling and modifying. These pics are to provide a general idea of what I will be working with. My interior is tan not black. These pics are from a post on ebay...just to use as an example.




    I plan on modifying the storage bin as the area to mount the motherboard and other components. This is an actual pic of my console...look at that wasted space.

    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  6. #36
    Sheepdog rdholtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by hexxamillion View Post
    Ok...after some more forum reading and manual reading I wonder if I should get the CarNetix CNX-P2140 rather than the M2-ATX-HV Intelligent PSU.

    They both generally have the same goal in preventing improper shutdown and protecting from battery drain. I am, however, especially interested in the "Pulse Start Feature" of the Carnetix. I have been looking for such a solution for a while now.Search for term pulse in the Manual.

    Any suggestions? How well will the CarNetix work with the Intel D945GCLF2D Mini-ITX?
    Quote Originally Posted by hexxamillion View Post
    OK...So my question was already answered in this post. Even though I am no longer using a Zotac IONITX, I believe this answer still applies being that the Intel board I am going to use is similar.

    Carnetix it is! Time to update my checklist in post#22.
    The Zotac and Intel boards aren't similar in power supply. The Zotac board uses an external 19V power brick, so it needs 19V from your power supply; the Intel board uses a 24-pin ATX connector, so it can use either PSU to get the 12V, 5V and 3.3V it needs.

    The Carnetix isn't going to solve any power issues. On the upside, it would still be an excellent choice, and you'll gain pulse start. On the downside, you'll spend twice as much on your PSU.
    .
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

    2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html
    .

  7. #37
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholtz View Post
    The Zotac and Intel boards aren't similar in power supply. The Zotac board uses an external 19V power brick, so it needs 19V from your power supply; the Intel board uses a 24-pin ATX connector, so it can use either PSU to get the 12V, 5V and 3.3V it needs.

    The Carnetix isn't going to solve any power issues. On the upside, it would still be an excellent choice, and you'll gain pulse start. On the downside, you'll spend twice as much on your PSU.
    Yeah. I realize the power supply differences but I think the Intel with the CarNetix may better suit my needs...or wants rather. Thanks for the feedback.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  8. #38
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    27
    I would double check on that x-mod. If I remember correctly the jog dial isn't for adjusting volume but for adjusting the crystalizer.

  9. #39
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerAM View Post
    I would double check on that x-mod. If I remember correctly the jog dial isn't for adjusting volume but for adjusting the crystalizer.
    Good looking out. I will have to find a retailer that might have one on display.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  10. #40
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,092
    I came across this thread about a USB CarPC Amplifier. This is very interesting...wondering if anyone has had experience with this? Here is the online store link.

    This is definately something I have been looking for. Too bad after you do the euro to $$ conversion you're looking at around $330 or so including shipping and tax. Neat idea and maybe waaaaaay down the road I may consider it just to satisfy my own curiosity or just to be unique..realizing probably not too many will have such a device.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Similar Threads

  1. Subaru Impreza 2.5RS '05 Wagon Install... on a budget
    By Pseudo Nim in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:38 PM
  2. 2004 Nissan Maxima Install
    By BobbyCreekwater in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 07:22 AM
  3. Freak show - 22 year old Nissan install
    By Yuriy in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM
  4. Indexing music in 1.0.9.8 Failed
    By hovalistic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM
  5. '98 VW Passat 1.8t, budget install
    By Beehphy in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •