Well alright now! I just purchased close to my last main components before I can start performing the actual modifications to my console and build my CarPC. I purchased some from Frozencpu.com and a couple from Logicsupply.com.
Here they are:
Decided to get this switch with the LED illuminated ring from Frozencpu.com. Figured I'd keep up with the whole Green theme.
Universal switch cable from Frozencpu.com for connecting the switch to the MOBO reset/power/power LED headers.
Prewired LED that I'm using for the HDD LED motherboard header. I figured that I don't need an LED for Power since the switch has one on it already. The one I purchased will be a Green LED.
120mm Washable Fan Filter from Frozencpu.com.
M350 Universal Mini-ITX Case from LogicSupply.com
M4-ATX Automotive DC-DC Power Supply, 250 W from LogicSupply (mini-box was on forever backorder). I read bugbytes thread covering his review of this product. I was a little hesitant but realized that he had been issued it while it was still fresh, new and buggy. It seems it has come a long way now. Mini-box has the USB controller software for download now and others in the MP3Car forums seem to like it (at least the ones I read about).
That about covers it for now. The last two main components I need are the LED backlit touchscreen and the USB CarPC Amp. The AM/FM radio module I can do without for now. I can't remember the last time I listened to the radio. All my music is either MP3 or internet streaming.
My EEEPC Atheros Wifi Card
Well I took apart my EEEPC and removed the Wifi card. I verified that it is a PCI Express Minicard so I am going to need a PCI Express Mini to PCI adapter....have fun finding one of those..
I had to also desolder the Wifi cabling above the LCD.
Idea for Mini-PCIe Wifi card
It is just too crazy trying to locate a Mini PCIe to PCI adapter. You normally or atleast I could only come across PCIe to PCI and some other variants. I started to think of other data connections that could be adapted to use the EEEPC Atheros mini pcie Wifif card. How about Mini PCIe to USB? And VOILA! So here is a cradle type adapter that may work. I will not get it from this site but at least it starts some brainstorming or ideas on how I can connect it.
CarPC Parts & Components Update
I figure it was time to post an updated list of all the components I have for my project. So here we go:
* M4-ATX Automotive DC-DC Power Supply, 250 W
* LED Backlit Touch Screen Monitor -- Still Need but PC build can still proceed
* 120mm Case Fan - airflow exhaust for center console storage bin
* Windows 7
* 1 GB DDR2 Module -- Still need to upgrade to 2GB but 1GB will do for now
* USB Wifi Adapter
* Centrafuse Navigation- US -- Need to purchase License
* Intel D945GCLF2D Mini ITX Mainboard
* Logitech DiNovo Mini Bluetooth Keyboard
* 32GB SATA SSD
* Micro Bluetooth USB Dongle
* Alpine SPR-17S - 6-1/2" 2-Way 330W Component Speaker System
* Alpine SWE-1042 - 10" 750W 4-Ohm Subwoofer x 4 -- Custom trunk installation still needed but not necessary for build.
* Upgraded AMP...still researching.
* Alpine rear deck speakers -- Still need to upgrade but not ncessary for build
* Alpine SPR-17C - 6-1/2" Speakers for rear doors --- Still need but not necessary for build.
* Install grill behind back seat center drop down armrest -- Still need but not necessary for build
* LCD Rear View Mirror Monitor
* Backup camera
* M350 Mini-ITX Case w/ mounting brackets
* 120mm Washable Fan Filter
* Prewired HDD Green LED w/ motherboard header connector.
* Reset/power/power LED Switch cable with MOBO header connector
* Latched Power button w/ Green LED Ring
* USB CarPC Amp -- Still Need
Found Adapter for PCIe Mini Wifi Card