I got a decent amount done today. I finished running the wires for the visors to the visors on both sides. I still don't know where I am going to actually end them. Maybe I will build a center console extension.
Working on actually mounting the LCD.
Providing some additional mounting security by running some wire through a screw hole I am not using and wrapping it around the post.
Doesn't look so bad.
Providing an additional mounting security in the upper left hand corner of the picture. It is wire through a screw hole again and wrapped around the plastic bar.
The location for the buttons but it is a little low.
The location for the controller board and all wired up.
Making sure I have the orientation right for the buttons. Also showing the mounting of the button panel.
Cut out the area for the buttons. Going to use it to secure the buttons and provide a backplate.
Added some more vent slits to the original back and increased the size of the original vents. I forgot to take a picture but this is mounted on the backside of visor to help protect the electronics.
The outer cover with fabric reapplied and also showing the holes cut for the venting and some of the reshaping around the LCD.
And here is where I realized I made a bad measurement. I didn't put enough space at the bottom to close it up. I will have to revisit my design for the drivers side and then come back and redo the passenger side.
Until I get around to redoing this just using some fabric to tie it together.
Mounted in the car. For some reasong ghetto keeps coming to mind.
Since it looks ghetto anyways and I need to redo it I went ahead and just wrote in the button labels. But I think when I redo it this will look good. Hey maybe the fabric ties just add some flair.
Tomorrow I will start working on getting the drivers side LCD installed in that visor. Hopefully I will get the outer cover to look better and be able to actually close it like I wanted.