Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2005 Mazda 3 Car PC logs....

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8

    2005 Mazda 3 Car PC logs....

    finally started the stalled car pc project on my 2005 mazda 3...

    here's what I have so far...
    * inverter
    * the PC itself - an ASUS Eee box
    * input device - wireless mouse,kb
    * USB GPS receiver

    so far, i have installed the riderunner frontend (but having issues on some functions.. will work on it soon), also installed the USB GPS driver but having problem getting it to work.

    I actually made a blog for the progress, but decided to have my own worklog thread here so that you guys will know where I am in the project, and maybe help out on myproblems and give me some pointers and inputs.

    the carpc blog for mazda 3 is here http://carpc-101.com
    yeah, so far i only managed to install/configure the software side of things.. the mod of the car will be next as soon as everything is ok (software side)

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8
    i just finished the wiring for the inverter... It's just a 4-meter wire tapped from the battery to the poles of the inverter...

    the cable ran through the side of the car, hinges of the door and through the glove

    will post picture soon.. or I probably had here at http://carpc-101.com

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8
    where are all the front end downloads? I went to the download section and nothing there! ?!

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8
    alright! It's done! I am done with my 05 mazda 3 car pc project! I still need to clean up the wires and all but i have tested it and i am quite satisfied with the result...

    the carpc is basically an eeeAsus box, placed under the strearing wheel.. a 7" tft screen placed on the dash, usb extension on the glove, inverter on the driver's seat! ( i need to fix that)..

    Tested GPS (using goops) and it is working swell! divx, mp3 and other media are good...

    all i need now is to have the sounds coming from the car pc to the car's audio system..

    any tips? will post the pictures soon!

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Could you post some pictures of how you have the computer mounted? I had the computer in my last mazda 3 under the passenger seat, but would like to move it behind the dash by the fuse box. PICS!

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by aceblaster View Post
    Could you post some pictures of how you have the computer mounted? I had the computer in my last mazda 3 under the passenger seat, but would like to move it behind the dash by the fuse box. PICS!
    sure thing! I'll get it from the camera and post it here.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    15
    I'm just starting my 08 Mazda 3 car pc. I guess I could start a work log since I've got most of the parts now. Anyway, I decided to put mine under the passenger seat and put the head unit in the glove box. Are you keeping your HU or are you going without it?

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyct View Post
    I'm just starting my 08 Mazda 3 car pc. I guess I could start a work log since I've got most of the parts now. Anyway, I decided to put mine under the passenger seat and put the head unit in the glove box. Are you keeping your HU or are you going without it?
    I kept mine... i put my cpu just below the steering wheel and the lcd on the dash... dang, i kept on forgetting to put the pics.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jacaranda View Post
    I kept mine... i put my cpu just below the steering wheel and the lcd on the dash... dang, i kept on forgetting to put the pics.
    lol, Ya I keep checking back for pictures... But there is never any... Stop slacking. lol j/k. I'm wondering do you know if in the mazdaspeed3 if the lcd is connected like it is in the mazda3? because my temperature controls and all that good stuff get ran digitally through the lcd... I would hate to lose that haha. I'm hoping I can keep the dials all connected to the lcd and just unhook the HU if that's the case... But ya lets get some pics up. I'm really interested in dropping my computer behind the jockey box. But I kind of want to see how you have it integrated in...

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by aceblaster View Post
    lol, Ya I keep checking back for pictures... But there is never any... Stop slacking. lol j/k. I'm wondering do you know if in the mazdaspeed3 if the lcd is connected like it is in the mazda3? because my temperature controls and all that good stuff get ran digitally through the lcd... I would hate to lose that haha. I'm hoping I can keep the dials all connected to the lcd and just unhook the HU if that's the case... But ya lets get some pics up. I'm really interested in dropping my computer behind the jockey box. But I kind of want to see how you have it integrated in...
    I think it might depend more on the year of the car than if it's a Mazdaspeed or not. I think with the later models, if you take out the HU, you keep whatever was displayed on the left (time, mpg, etc), the temp, and the AC display. I think with the earlier models, you loose everything. However, you can't change the time after you take out the HU and I know the clock looses time easy plus theirs daylight savings changes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •