2002 VW GTI MKIV - First Carputer!
- Ive been searching, researching, and exploring these forums and peoples projects in hope of one day building my own car pc. Now that day has come, i am embarking on this project.
- I have a 2002 VW GTI MKIV, and i already have a sound system so hooking up the PC audio shouldn't be to difficult.
- Going to install Rubber or Neoprene throughout to help with shock-resistance.
- Plan of Attack
- Step1: Mount and Wiring Carputer:
- Mount the EEE keyboard behind the screen in the dash/ or in the Glove compartment
- Step2: LCD Mount:
- Fab EEE Screen into extra console i have
- Step3: Accesories and Switches:
- Wire GPS Reciever to outside of the car( or ontop of the Dash)
- (Maybe) Mount switch in blank key panel for manual Comp control.
- (Maybe) Construct Multimedia Controller(Play, Pause, Next, Back, and Volume) and mount in easy access position.