Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: 2005 F-150. MY First car(truck)puter.

  1. #21
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    B.C., Canada
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    That's a nice volume control and you're right, that coin holder is about useless!

    A questions about volumouse if i may, what "condition" did you set in the configuration to tell the mouse to act as a volume control instead of scrooling? I would hate to have to press a key on a key board first everytime i wanted to control the volume.

    BTW - maybe to late now, but i would go with XP, everything you through at it work. Seeing as though you already decided on win7, i hope volumouse work with it since it hasn't been tested on win7.

    Then again, you can be the guinea-pig for all of us j/k
    You can set it up so that it works when a certian window is active, in my case, RR and no key is required. If you need help I can explain it better or even take a screenshot when I get home from work.

    Good luck on the install. i also have a 2005 F-150 and will be watching.
    Thanks. It's starting to snow here already so it probably wont be installed until Spring but I'll keep updating as I collect parts and test software. That's actually one of the reasons I went with Windows 7. I have lots of time to test everything out and work out the bugs.

    Do you have any glare problems with the LED Backlight in the 'Fiddy? I'm wondering if LED backlit is good enough, or even a normal LCD or if I should splurge and go for transflective.

  2. #22
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Tical84 View Post
    ..I'm wondering if LED backlit is good enough, or even a normal LCD or if I should splurge and go for transflective.
    It is more than adequate, in fact, it will blind you at night. I also matched the rear window tint to the front windows so it's pretty dark inside the truck. Your skin looks preety bright too so i don't forsee a problem with just getting an LED backlit.

    Good info on volumouse - let me go play a little.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  3. #23
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    B.C., Canada
    Posts
    305
    Ya, I feel like I'm going to need a night skin or a gamma control button/slider for sure.

    Volumouse is really easy, you'll figure it out.

  4. #24
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    That's a nice volume control and you're right, that coin holder is about useless!

    A questions about volumouse if i may, what "condition" did you set in the configuration to tell the mouse to act as a volume control instead of scrooling? I would hate to have to press a key on a key board first everytime i wanted to control the volume.

    BTW - maybe to late now, but i would go with XP, everything you through at it work. Seeing as though you already decided on win7, i hope volumouse work with it since it hasn't been tested on win7.

    Then again, you can be the guinea-pig for all of us j/k

    Good luck on the install. i also have a 2005 F-150 and will be watching.
    So far I have had no issues whatsoever relating to Win7 and drivers. I think he will be fine.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  5. #25
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,099
    Regarding bloat..I don't personally don't view Windows 7 as bloated much but you could do some tweaking with msconfig. In addition, it boots within reason for me. I have not clocked it. I would rather have full support as possible than a stripped down version such as the vLite...that's just a personal preference.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  6. #26
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    B.C., Canada
    Posts
    305
    Volumouse works as great as before, I just need an active PS2/USB adapter because the only PS2 port on my mobo is for a keyboard. Could I plug the mouse in there? I haven't tested it yet.

    I don't see the point in having my OS be able to do absolutely everything when I'm not going to use it to do absolutely everything. If this was a desktop PC for home, sure I'd leave it, go get a drink of water while it boots for 2 minutes, but in a carPC application I want it playing my tunes or guiding me around a new town before I leave the driveway. 55 seconds isn't unreasonable, but I know it can be better. Surprisingly msconfig was empty and there were only 39 services. Much improved over XP and especially Vista.

  7. #27
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Tical84 View Post
    Volumouse works as great as before, I just need an active PS2/USB adapter because the only PS2 port on my mobo is for a keyboard. Could I plug the mouse in there? I haven't tested it yet.

    I don't see the point in having my OS be able to do absolutely everything when I'm not going to use it to do absolutely everything. If this was a desktop PC for home, sure I'd leave it, go get a drink of water while it boots for 2 minutes, but in a carPC application I want it playing my tunes or guiding me around a new town before I leave the driveway. 55 seconds isn't unreasonable, but I know it can be better. Surprisingly msconfig was empty and there were only 39 services. Much improved over XP and especially Vista.
    Yep. You might look into the Powershell also. You could probably do some major tweaking and automation through it. If you have the Windows 7 Ultimate you should have Windows PowerShell also. Not sure about the other versions if its standard or not.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  8. #28
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,099
    Just in case here is some info on Windows PowerShell.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  9. #29
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    B.C., Canada
    Posts
    305

    More progress!!

    The case is mostly done (needs a top) and the mobo is securely mounted. The case, although not as pretty as, is based off of blk02si's dimensions from his Mustang build. I did what I could with what I had. It's functional and no one will see it anyways. I'll call that a win.






  10. #30
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Looks sweet man.. I have a similar setup in my wife's car (link below).. I'm assuming you test fit to make sure everything was OK behind the dash? It was tight for me but I got everything in and up and running..
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
  2. Indexing music in 1.0.9.8 Failed
    By hovalistic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM
  3. Where to DL old version of RR?
    By accentsound in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •