I think I posted this in the wrong section, as I assume this should have been in the Show off your project section or something. Mods move as you see fit. woops.
I will organize when I can see pics in the future so long as I can still edit.
Dynaudio Esotec 362 8" 3-way component powered by an Audison VRX 4.300 EX CS passive
2- Alumapro RX SQ 12" powered by Audison LRX 1.1K in custom FG\MDF boxes
Lots of cascade VBmax and VB1 liquid sound deadener (the best)
Vertex products (out of business )
Here are the 3" 142 mids:
I had to cut (with belt sander) the flange off these to make them basically a cylinder shape that would fit. I used a tool to press them in. Of course there were problems with modifying them and most who buy speakers like this would cringe at the though of doing what I did. But the end product came out good as I like the dome. The woofer or more dust cap of the speaker is also a dome shape. The SS bezel rings I got from a boat shop to mimic the silver trim on the ac vents.
This is what I started with.
The 8" are installed in the doors:
And the 1.1" tweets in the sail panels (but need to be redone)
2 custom sub enclosures mounted on opposite sides of the trunk allowing maximum useful space left.
MDF board that is mounted and bolted to the top of the inside of the rear deck in the trunk where the sub once lived and then carpeted then Amps mounted to it. Keeps them out of the way, but not good for tuning or heat...
Knuconcpetz wires throughout
Karma SS 12 Gauge Speaker Wire twisted pair running to each speaker. Yes two 12-gauge twisted pair thru molex connectors into each door) How? Wire relocation in molex connectors to make room.
Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 power wire.
This stuff is the best and super flexy.
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-1 (rebadged Odysseys)
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F): 930
Reserve Capacity (RC): 135 min.
Amp Hours at 20 Hour Rate: 75
I have more pics but I canít sort them now as I canít see them at work.
Organizing these 3" bundles of wires coming down both sides the car has taken me forever. The 3 Most go to the crossovers which are now hidden behind the divider, mounted on the cross members. The power wire I routed up thru the center of the car and the RCA in the headliner. I have a board bolted to the bottom of the rear deck secured with screws thru the deck. Covered with carpet and then the amps mounted to it. Sat radio mounted in the right wheel well velcrowed to the sheet metal. Only loose wires now go to the carputer POS laptop. So there is power from the laptop 12v power supply, remote turn power wire hooked to the laptop power button to reset when it crashes (pushbutton switch installed in coin compartment), audio, video and the usb for touch screen all coming fro the front. One day need to get a real carputer set up. A little one to stick right under the dash. This GPS antenna mounted in the rear deck:
I made my own PS2 to serial (rs232) and PS2 adapter to hook to the computer (for data and 5v GPS power).
Carputer running Road runner and iGuidance. Got a new auxmod card on ebay, (luckily as there not selling them anymore) so I need to get some music on the carPC so I can listen to it. Especially for when I use the GPS. When I finish Ill get a couple more pics up. More on the whole install in my sig. 8" woofers in door.
Still need to mount the tweets in the sail panels better than they are.
D2S projectors in fogs:
Here are the pics of what I have. I have the HID kit installed and have tested one. I just have to figure out how to mount the projector in the fog housing. For tests I just super glued it lightly and screwed it into the bumper (passenger side) and it looked good, but I could not tell how level it was and once it is glued good with a very pronounced cut off which was the main thing I wanted. I haven’t tested the passenger side as I busted the fog glass because I didn’t use the oven to remove it before working on it and the cutting heated the housing up and distorted it and the glass shattered so I had to buy a new one. As you can see it took some modification of the projectors I bought. I ended up using the bulb holders off of my OEM low beam projectors, but I am missing a bulb retainer so I have to find one of those. I had to redo my work because I realized that the bulb was sitting too far back, but now it sits about where it should. I think the reflectivness on the inside of the projector housing has been compromised but not sure that it will make that much of a difference.
my ballast buzz like a doorbell. Junk. I’m going to have to get in touch w/ RPM.
Bumper on and everything is hooked up. No leaks. The WW fluid tank is PP so I just cut some off of various places and welded them in to seal all the remaining pin holes. No problem. Here some pics:
The foamed in fogs. Worked well...better than the superglue. This pond and stone foam is crazy sticky.
CPE FMIC w/ functional OEM air dam / diffuser
This took a lot of work to get it to work. I will get more pics soon. I tried to make it functional and look good. Everything seams to line up but my driver side fender needs to be replaced because I tried to see if I could fit 10" wheels on and got a little crazy and ended up messing it up. Will post more pics when I can get the car out of the garage.
Boost gauge install:
Repairing a hole in the wheel well cover:
I love my new plastic welder. Got it to build a waterfall weir for the pond I made:
Pix->X50 mute, Sub vol, LI Laser Jammer switch & Dashhawk in steering column
Meth/alcohal/water injection to be installed soon.
Then doing a big screen to replace OEM HU.
Then Go active as I ran the wires to do so.
Very nice install!
2011 Nissan Frontier SL
AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.