Well I am using my computer the way it will be the day it is placed in my car. I have everything tuned and running. Functional FM (reception will have to be determined when I put it in the car) and Mp3 player are all of the utilities I have so far. The sound is configured so it will go to all five channels of my amp, but doesnt sound good on my desk speakers. I figure there is not use in adjusting them for the desk speakers when they wont be there perminately. This is more than my stock head unit has so its time to install! I plan on installing tomorrow if the weather holds up. I will be taking tons of pictures and posting them at the completion.
- 1.6 Dual Core Intel Atom
- 2.5" 40 GB HDD
- 3.5" 80 GB HDD
- Slot load DVD Burner
- 4 GB of ram
- Sound Blaster 0460
- Silabs USB FM Radio
- Lilliput 7" touchscreen monitor
- 5 Channel Infinity 5350A Amp (50W RMS x4 150W RMS x1)
- Infinity Reference 6022i door speakers (Front, Probably will be switching these at some point, the highs are really exadurated)
- Infinity Kappa 682.9cf deck speakers (Rear)
- Alpine 10" Type E sub in a small truck box (Attempt to reduce the bass)
I only go to college 4 days a week so I plan on taking a couple hours each week to add features and keep my music library growing.
List of features to come
- Bluetooth Phone Connection
- Garmin Mobile PC
- DVD Player (just need to configure the software)
I plan on placing the computer where my spare tire is (I never carry it anyway) then I will have my amp and subwoofer above the false floor.
Next post will be of the installation!