2005 Nissan Teana (Maxima, Cefiro)
Hello from Thailand.
First of all, I have to say sorry if i made any mistake in English... it's not my native language.
I started CarPC project for my Nissan Teana in December 2009. Actually, i built CarPC to this car once in 2005, but was too busy to get it done at the time. So, this is the second attempt for the project.
Nissan Teana is official J31 model name in Thailand and some countries. In some countries, like in Taiwan, it named as Cefiro. The same base model is for Nissan Maxima in the USA.
Here is the photo of the car to install CarPC.
Of course, before starting the install, i planned about what the CarPC will do for me.
- Media Player (MP3, Video, DVD)
- GPS (Navigation)
- OBD-ii (read engine data)
- Camera (Reverse Camera and Front Camera)
Then, i continued searching and planning on what hardware i need to achieve above functions...
- Computer Set (Mainboard, RAM, HDD, Case)
- Power Supply Unit (with ignition)
- Device to pass audio from computer to the car head unit
- Monitor with touchscreen
- GPS receiver
- ODB-ii device
- DVD drive
- Reverse Camera and Webcam
Well... all of these sounds simple. I think it is the same for anyone who plan to build a CarPC.