1998 Cadillac Seville STS - almost stock
I just ordered the parts to build my first CarPC. Here is my parts list:
- 7" touchscreen monitor (Received)
- VoomPC-2 kit (Intel D945GCLF2D mini-ITX motherboard, 2GB DDR2 memory, M2-ATX-HV, 140w output, 6v to 32v wide input Intelligent Automotive DC-DC Car PC Power Supply) (Received)
- Toshiba 500GB Sata-II laptop hard drive (Received)
- Vantec 16ft USB repeater extension (x2 to run from trunk to dash) (Received)
- CablesToGo 18459 4-Port USB2 hub with 18" blue LED indicator & plug cover (replace ash tray) (Received)
- Logitech diNovo Black Bluetooth Wireless Mini Keyboard (Received)
- iSimple TranzIt FM passthrough modulator (Received)
- AMC 15ft VGA extension cable (Received)
- RCA split tip solid copper audio cable 25ft (Received)
- AllTel Huawei EC168 aircard (already owned)
- --More parts to come later as needed (no other parts needed right now)
This is my very first install. The car has the BOSE Premium audio system with 6 disc changer in the armrest. Using the iSimple TranzIt, I'll be able to retain the factory HU mount and full radio and CD (including 6 disc changer) functions. Looking forward to any tips, tricks, and recommendations. I will also make sure to post photos of my build as it progresses. OS will be Windows MCE 2005 stripped to bare basics leaving media center functions. I will also be testing LinuxMCE as a possible alternative. After having tested all the currently supported FE's, I have considered RideRunner. Only downside I see is that when switching from DVD or MP3 to GPS, it splits the screen. Not available or practical with only a single monitor.
Parts marked Received arrived by April 2. Parts marked Ordered will be received by April 8.