Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 602

Thread: 2003 Durango SLT / Project HiJackZX1 (Finally Focused Remix)

  1. #61
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Well it seems that fate or some unearthly force doesnt want me to finish my car. Today, while driving to the doctor for rehabilitation on my back, some dumb b!+ch smashes into the front of my car. Even though she was speeding, i still got the ticket since i was the one turning. Pictures to come later. Since a lot needs to be replaced, maybe i can get the body shop to order the headlights and bumper kit that I want!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  2. #62
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    240
    Tough break man, you ok?

  3. #63
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11601 View Post
    Tough break man, you ok?
    Yes, I am OK.... I'm a bit bummed out though. Just when I was getting ready to get into things, something traumatic happens that kills everything in its tracks. This happened with my first Dodge. I was getting ready to hook it up with new paint job, rims and all. While on the way to the d@mn paint shop, my car hydroplanes at 5 mph and the whole front end falls apart, it was a total loss. Then with my Porsche 944, was getting ready to start hooking it up, booom, the control arms get screwed up and they tell me its $700.00 each. So that project was scrapped and the car donated to a school. I then bought this one and you guys have seen the ups and downs I have had. I am so scared that if they do fix the car, it will not be the same. It just wont feel like the original HiJack ZX1.

    Some good may come out of this though. I was talking with the body shop guys and I told them listen, since I am the one that will have to pay for most of this, can I have different parts ordered for the truck. They told me yes, if it equals or costs less then the original part. So now I am going to research the grill (its cracked really bad), the bumper (its not even close to salvageable) and headlights (the one on there now look dated). After this issue I am most definitely going to look into a feature that I thought was over kill. As you know BMW's cars now have a feature that activate cameras at the front of the car on the bumper so you can see whats coming from around the corner. I am most def going to add this feature now.

    Pictures:




    New headlights I would like. To buy the original, they will have to spend 179.00, for these, they are only 150.90 and that includes shipping.

    http://www.amazon.com/1997-2003-Dura.../dp/B002TUZWES



    Here is the grill. Want it in black.... 38.50 with shipping.

    http://www.amazon.com/Grille-1997-20...420858&sr=1-11



    Here is the front bumper.... I know a lot of people don't like it, but I don't care, lol.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new



    That should about do it..... Everything else on the car should be fixable, except for the radiator and ac condenser.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  4. #64
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76
    I'm sorry man, I feel your pain. I just got into a 4 car accident on the highway two weeks ago, not my fault but the insurance companies are dickering over who pays for it all. The car got totalled, 2009 brand new nissan altima that i'd been hooking up for over a year and a half. I went to the tow yard and ripped all my stuff out that I added, but it still sucks.

    Take a deep breath, relax and jump in when you're comfortable.

  5. #65
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    That sucks... All I have to say to that is:

    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  6. #66
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    240
    Sucks about your ride, glad to hear your OK. Just read about BMW's camera system after you wrote about it. That's a really cool feature. Seems perfect for your setup.

  7. #67
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by khisanthax View Post
    I'm sorry man, I feel your pain. I just got into a 4 car accident on the highway two weeks ago, not my fault but the insurance companies are dickering over who pays for it all. The car got totalled, 2009 brand new nissan altima that i'd been hooking up for over a year and a half. I went to the tow yard and ripped all my stuff out that I added, but it still sucks.

    Take a deep breath, relax and jump in when you're comfortable.
    Im already calm.... infact when it happened the lady didnt open her window for a whole 10 minutes because I was going psycho.

    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    That sucks... All I have to say to that is:
    LOL..... that picture needs to be redone.

    Quote Originally Posted by matt11601 View Post
    Sucks about your ride, glad to hear your OK. Just read about BMW's camera system after you wrote about it. That's a really cool feature. Seems perfect for your setup.
    Im thinking of doing it front and back. All it will need is a second DQP, and since I am at it, I can add two cameras to the back also so when I reverse. I will not connect them to the visor screen, but rather the personal screen I plan to install.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  8. #68
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    The problem you will probably have with that bumper is that you will spend even more money for the shop to get it to fit right and not be wavy. I haven't heard very good things about extreme dimensions bumpers, even on forums they are sponsors of.

  9. #69
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderZ15 View Post
    The problem you will probably have with that bumper is that you will spend even more money for the shop to get it to fit right and not be wavy. I haven't heard very good things about extreme dimensions bumpers, even on forums they are sponsors of.
    Really? They are literally the only ones that make that type of bumper though. I hate the Super Pursuit bumper (looks dated) and all the others I have seen look awful. This is the first one that has caught my eye, even though the purple one looks ugly, but I think its because the color. It seems there are different makers that sell the same style bumper, are they all from the same company?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  10. #70
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Really? They are literally the only ones that make that type of bumper though. I hate the Super Pursuit bumper (looks dated) and all the others I have seen look awful. This is the first one that has caught my eye, even though the purple one looks ugly, but I think its because the color. It seems there are different makers that sell the same style bumper, are they all from the same company?
    Most are, but it is very easy to copy bumpers in fiberglass as opposed to urethane. It may be ok. I personally always liked the Cervini's sniper bumper for the Durango. You also might want to make sure the body shop will work with fiberglass too. I've been to body shops and have asked and been told flat out no. If you like it, get it. I'm just wanting to pass on some info that it might not just be bolt on to the truck and there might be gaps like with any fiberglass bumper.
    '05 Magnum RT
    CarPC coming soon. Hopefully end of 2010.
    Parts left to buy-
    Monitor, Bybyte frame, Axxess hook up, Sheet metal for double din case.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 823
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
  2. Indexing music in 1.0.9.8 Failed
    By hovalistic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •