Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 253

Thread: Project λ^2 (Lambda Squared or Lambda II) - 1988 Chevrolet C1500 Extended Cab

  1. #231
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    Got the TruckPC in its new case. I'll post some pictures of it later. Currently it runs my Minecraft server.

    Car show coming up this Saturday. Gonna see if I can get the TruckPC installed by then (with my old screen bezel/setup). Maybe I can find someone who will let me use his/her shop to build my new one? *wishful thinking*

    This whole weekend is gonna be nothing but parties, so I'll probably end up being the DD (designated driver) for most (if not all?) of my on-campus friends... Seems like its shaping up to be a good weekend!
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  2. #232
    Constant Bitrate kolton5543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Safford Arizona
    Posts
    170
    So I've seen it's been a while since the last post and I thought I'd just check in. Got anything new going on with the PC or has college and what not still been too much of a burden lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnman View Post
    Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

  3. #233
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    First off, happy new year to everyone!

    Next:
    Man, I completely screwed up this entire first semester. My GPA was a 0.5... My programming classes and math class just bent me over and... you know. I have all of the parts, the PC is put together, but I haven't had any time to work on any of it. I left it all at the school when I came here (home) from the winter break cause I just wanted to relax and I haven't relaxed since I've been home. My truck's heater went out, I just got it out of the shop about 2 hours ago. I had the A/C fixed right before I left for college. The EGR valve is still screwed up somewhere cause the light/code still shows up on the highway. My iPhone completely shat itself last night, so I have to get it replaced, my laptop hates me... You know what? I take that back. TECHNOLOGY hates me. :/ </rant>

    I haven't given up, though. I moved my personal Web host to SimplyFreeHosting so I have the freedom to do whatever I want to with it. I will (most likely) loan up and go back this next semester and try again, and I will make every attempt to either 1) get the PC back in the truck or 2) build/buy a mount that will work with my iPad. I'm leaning towards the second one, since I still have my XMPCR and the mini-server rig that I used with it. I've been throwing around ideas, I've just yet to put them on paper.

    TL;DR
    College was hard. I sucked. PC is still on hold, but I haven't given up on any of it.
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  4. #234
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Hey, I'm getting close to finishing, so you better hang in there. I just need one battery and the HiJackZX1 is done. Just take your time. If I can take 4 years, Im sure you can too. Just don't look at things negatively.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  5. #235
    Constant Bitrate kolton5543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Safford Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Hey, I'm getting close to finishing, so you better hang in there. I just need one battery and the HiJackZX1 is done. Just take your time. If I can take 4 years, Im sure you can too. Just don't look at things negatively.
    One more battery and you're done. At least till a couple months from now and you're gonna have some other great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnman View Post
    Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

  6. #236
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kolton5543 View Post
    One more battery and you're done. At least till a couple months from now and you're gonna have some other great idea.
    Actually I already do. I found the material they used in Tron Legacy and going to put it on my car. I am going to put it also on my rims and researching magnetic induction to power the panels on the wheels. Thats going to be so much fun.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #237
    Constant Bitrate kolton5543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Safford Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Actually I already do. I found the material they used in Tron Legacy and going to put it on my car. I am going to put it also on my rims and researching magnetic induction to power the panels on the wheels. Thats going to be so much fun.
    Induction should make for a nice project
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnman View Post
    Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

  8. #238
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    I haven't given up, though ... I will (most likely) loan up and go back this next semester and try again, and I will make every attempt to either 1) get the PC back in the truck or 2) build/buy a mount that will work with my iPad. I'm leaning towards the second one, since I still have my XMPCR and the mini-server rig that I used with it. I've been throwing around ideas, I've just yet to put them on paper.
    I'm am back at college, struggling to make ends meet. No one in this town will hire college students! I am still looking at an iPad integration thing, but I'm also holding off on it since my truck has been giving me so much trouble. I'm looking around for a new truck or SUV. My mom came down today to take me to lunch since my birthday was yesterday, and we talked about it, so maybe she'll help me if we find a decent one. I sent a bunch of box back with her, one of which (I forgot) contained my XMPCR server. *facepalm I'll have to work that out another time, I guess. Maybe this summer.

    I also found out that in order to keep my Federal aid (financial aid, whatever you want to call it), I have to take 6 credit hours of classes this summer. I'm hoping that I can do it online from home. It would make things so much easier.

    Just figured I'd give anyone who still even follows this indecisive mess a heads-up.
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  9. #239
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflashstuff View Post
    I'm am back at college, struggling to make ends meet. No one in this town will hire college students! I am still looking at an iPad integration thing, but I'm also holding off on it since my truck has been giving me so much trouble. I'm looking around for a new truck or SUV. My mom came down today to take me to lunch since my birthday was yesterday, and we talked about it, so maybe she'll help me if we find a decent one. I sent a bunch of box back with her, one of which (I forgot) contained my XMPCR server. *facepalm I'll have to work that out another time, I guess. Maybe this summer.

    I also found out that in order to keep my Federal aid (financial aid, whatever you want to call it), I have to take 6 credit hours of classes this summer. I'm hoping that I can do it online from home. It would make things so much easier.

    Just figured I'd give anyone who still even follows this indecisive mess a heads-up.
    Just keep at it! I just now finished mine. Just take your time. Also seems that everyone is going the tablet route. The Car PC unit style Car PC market is getting smaller.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  10. #240
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    i still tune in occasionally!

    +1 on the carpc thing--tablets are sure popular... it's just not a route for me..

Similar Threads

  1. Mazda MP3 Project part II
    By LinuxRacr in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
  2. Replies: 242
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
  3. Starting a New Addin Project in StreetDeck
    By ssteger in forum VaultWiki
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
  4. Indexing music in 1.0.9.8 Failed
    By hovalistic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •