Project λ^2 (Lambda Squared or Lambda II) - 1988 Chevrolet C1500 Extended Cab
Well, I got the truck Friday night after the clutch in the Turtle went out. It uses considerably less fuel than the van, and it'll burn out from a standstill (no power braking necessary)! I have already put my infamous Sony headunit into it. (I did that today after school :) ) Now all I need to get are speakers/subwoofer and I have audio taken care of.
It also needs:
I'm also thinking about getting a remote locking system installed.
- DONE! Windshield
- DONE! Instrument cluster repair (new one from junk yard installed)
- DONE! Sending unit(s) repair(ed)
- DONE! Tires ((15") $450 Discount Tire (50 miles away) or Walmart (local))
- Power lock switches replaced (inside) ($20 (USAutoParts.net #ARBC505602))
- Lock cylinder on passenger side (replace in pairs for matching keys) ($7 (USAutoParts.net #REPG507201))
This truck is also officially a NO-MOD vehicle! I can add to, but no modifying existing parts! This presents a challenge for the PC install.
More details and pix later.