Luv the OBD display!
Here's my worklog,
- VGA: Lilliput 7" Color LCD
- Mainboard: Intel DG41MJ
- CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300
- RAM: OCZ DDR2 2GB
- Harddisk: Seagate SATA 7200RPM 200GB
- PSU: M2-ATX 160W DC-DC
- CASE: Modified Sattelite Case
- OBD: OBDLink Multiprotocol OBD-II
- GPS: GlobalSat BU353 SirFIII Receiver
- Camera: CMOS Infrared Night Vision
- EASYCAP USB 2.0 Capture Adapter
- I/O: Fusion Brain Version 4.0
- Andrea Electronics Superbeam Mic. SUMA
- USB TPMS Version 2.20
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- Microsoft Office XP
- Custom Visual Basic 6.0 & .NET
- Un4seen Bass.dll
- Un4seen BassVideo.dll
- iGO8 for PC
- Stock Speakers
- Brand/Model: Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110 HP
- Year: 2000
- Color: Silver
Here are the original photos of the car,
First of all I have to say, It was really hard for me to place the 7" screen to the console. I searched the net for photos and ideas but couldn't find what I was looking for. Also I afraid to damage the console so I went to a local garage named "EGO" here. Guys (Erhan and Orhan) did the hard work for me .
1. Dashboard Removal;
2. Frame for LCD (mounted)
3. Vents and Headunit
I've to disable the original HU and vents. Here are the pictures of new vents.
(Vents taken from a Ssang Yong, Orhan build the nest for vents, great guy) (:
4. Vents and LCD Frame on the dashboard
5. LCD Screen with Back Panel Mount
6. Computer Case Mount in the Trunk
I've used a satellite receiver case for the computer case. It's much cheapier.
Also the dimensions are superb for the mini-itx boards.
7. Final Mounting Pictures
8. Some screenshots from my custom FrontEnd (VB 6.0 version)
- Main Menu;
- Music Player;
- Picture Viewer;
- iGo8 Navigation;
For hardware compability reasons I've to port to visual basic 2008 and trying to re-write my frontend. New version can communicate with FusionBrain. Right now I'm trying to include steering wheel controls, inside & outside temperatures. And waiting for the TPMS kit (not sure If I can port it to .NET, I appreciate any help with it)
Below is the new frontend;
I tried to give brief worklog information. I can give more details about the setup if u like.
Thank you all.