Oh man, I feel like I am getting really close on this. I tied up a bunch of the loose ends I mentioned yesterday. I remounted the HD with the old screws, and just spaced hte MOBO standoffs up a hair. That was all that took and it fit perfect. I did the first test of the whole thing mounted up in the dash piece this afternoon. It all went well.
I have a bit more plastic I still need to remove on the connector side of the MOBO. I still have to work out the M4 mounting. I looked at moving it forward on the bottom of the MOBO mount, but I am not sure that is the way to go with it. It will work there, but it will be terribly tight. I still have not messed with the video card mounting, but I did install it with the flexible extender today just to make sure it worked without a hitch. I have a lot of cable reworking and routing to do, there is simply a crap ton of wiring to fit in here.
Anyhow, I powered it with the 12V supply and the M4 just to make sure it worked. First try nothing, cycled power and it fired right up-- no idea what was up with that, but hopefully it doesn't become an issue.
Next on my list is redoing the lilliput cable, it is like 8' long and I have absolutely no place to put it. I need all of 8 inches, so I will cut it down and solder on new VGA and USB connectors.
I am back to work tomorrow, but start my 7 day off stretch next friday, so I am hoping like heck that I might be able to wrap it up and get it installed. Wish me luck!
Here are the pics: