I'm very very excited about this one and very happy with where I ended up today! I was very taken back by the tablet project last night, cause by the time I called it a night, I was really stumped as to how it was going to work together. So after working with it today and really taking my time and concentrating on it, and what I was doing and what step was next etc, I ended up the night on a very very pleasing note! Let's get to it!
So when I left off yesterday we had the pan with some extra on the sides and some trimming that was needed. Here's a little start off shot with the tablet in place.
The black lines were what needed to be trimmed a bit.
Got those done and as well, the top shaved off. I allowed about a half inch for the tablet to stick out, and after thinking about it now, I'm not 100% sure why. It's not like I'm going to be able to grab it from the top and pull it out. So I'm not sure yet if that was a good decision or not. We'll have to wait and find out a little later.
But here it is with the sides shaved and the top off.
Next it was time to put the base in. Remember that I'm not using the whole docking station, but just the base with the connection on it. I outlined before glassing, on the tape, where it needed to go. That made things a bit easier when it came time to do this.
Cut out and ready!