Okay, so I decided to not wait for a paycheck and just go ahead to order some parts for the carputer (go go gadget credit card!). I went on Amazon and ordered a Soliport ELM 327 OBDII, bluetooth adapter, and a voltage sensor. Hopefully the OBDII device will be able to read everything like I want it to (I don't really need a fast refresh, just want it to work). Also, the bluetooth dongle will be able to pair my phone and then I can start trying to do fun things with that. These will be the first two projects that I try to tackle for the summer. To sum things up:
- USB to Bluetooth Dongle (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s01_i00)
- Bluetooth OBDII connector (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00)
- Bluetooth sync my phone to computer
The voltage meter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s01_i01) will be to test my battery voltage levels and make sure that my strange starting issue is definitely my battery that is going bad. I would like to replace the battery ASAP if it is giving me low voltage since it is probably overworking my alternator and would therefore wear it faster! Once all the stuff ships out to me, I will put it in and post some results. Most of this is really just software and simple plugging in so I suppose I won't have too many pictures, but I will snap a few anyways.
Additionally, my short term plans include:
- Remount the screen in a fitted enclosure (will custom make)
- Change wiring for Inverter
- Change battery wiring
- Loosen Alternator belt (it squeals a bit because I made it too tight)
- Order primary and secondary batteries (?? for primary and Kinetik for secondary)
Ugh, I really need to get paid because I have a lot of stuff to get done lol..