Another day of messing with things.
Improvising a lot.
The "adapter" I made raised the mount up 1.5 inches higher than planned. I moved the puter down 1.5 inches to make up for it... sucked... had to drill and tap 4 new holes in 3/16" steel. A lot went wrong, but it will all be OK in the end.
No wires run yet, that is the next thing on the list, but here is what the mount looks like so far...
I was originally going to go with a dash mount monitor but there was much confusion about adapters for the 2014. I changed my mind and now plan on a bigger monitor that will go over the puter rather than go into the dash.