Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 553

Thread: 95 Lexus SC300 - 0l33l's "Project SC300"

  1. #301
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawJohn
    Any old monkey can setup a PC, but it takes some big monkey balls though to butcher your dash and fab in a screen Leave the coding for a few weeks and.... Get it done!

    You talk a good install - let see it
    Check out the progress links in the first post. There's pics of how the LCD mount looks like

  2. #302
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Updates!

    I have received the programmed chips from Curiosity for building the modified Cario.
    Today I have received 5 prototype boards... will be assembleing them this weekend

  3. #303
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Updates!

    I have received the programmed chips from Curiosity for building the modified Cario.
    Today I have received 5 prototype boards... will be assembleing them this weekend
    What are those for?

  4. #304
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    What are those for?
    For removing my air condtitioning unit so I can move the screen up. The AC unit will still be there behind the screen, and it will have the USB controller controlling it from the computer

    Controller's inputs/outputs are totally isolated too

  5. #305
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    For removing my air condtitioning unit so I can move the screen up. The AC unit will still be there behind the screen, and it will have the USB controller controlling it from the computer

    Controller's inputs/outputs are totally isolated too


    That's sick!
    Nice one 0l33l !

  6. #306
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    That's sick!
    Nice one 0l33l !
    Thanks

    I got it from http://www.pcbex.com/
    Cost $68 shipped for 5 boards.

    A sneak peak:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #307
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Progress: Sodered everything I had. Ordered some stuff from mouser. When I get that stuff, it won't be done unfortunately as it has an SMD part that my grandpa will soder at his job.

    Pics are on my camera that's being thrashed around my trunk

  8. #308
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    An SMD part? At his job?

    First, you can't (shouldn't) put a populated board through the oven... you would have to have him do that first and then solder all the thru-hole once he is done.

    You can do it by hand anyway though. I have soldered 100-pin processors, and memory chips to PCBs. I solder SMD caps/resistors daily. The only thing you can't to by hand is MPL (micro-lead-package) and BGA (ball-grid-array) parts, however I have managed to do a 20-pin MLP by hand before as well.

  9. #309
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM_VR4
    An SMD part? At his job?

    First, you can't (shouldn't) put a populated board through the oven... you would have to have him do that first and then solder all the thru-hole once he is done.

    You can do it by hand anyway though. I have soldered 100-pin processors, and memory chips to PCBs. I solder SMD caps/resistors daily. The only thing you can't to by hand is MPL (micro-lead-package) and BGA (ball-grid-array) parts, however I have managed to do a 20-pin MLP by hand before as well.
    He's having someone do it by hand
    Its just one part with 3 pins, so it doesn't need an oven.

  10. #310
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Cool Digital AC Controller


    Top of board. Untouched.


    Back of board. Some items sodered.


    Closeup of uncompleted board.


    Bunch of uncompleted boards.

    I ordered the additional parts from mouser.

Similar Threads

  1. '95 Accord Carputer Project
    By Gewehrschuss in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. Project lexus ES300 with 300 or so pics
    By mlazzaro@excite in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 09:48 PM
  3. Lexus SC300 Carputer 1.0
    By bigmonkey70 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •