Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 553

Thread: 95 Lexus SC300 - 0l33l's "Project SC300"

  1. #311
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    How are they gonna work?

  2. #312
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    How are they gonna work?
    You hook up USB and then hook up the AC into the terminals (wiring diagram somewere in this thread). They use a PIC18f2455 which I'll probably upgrade to an 18f4455 later because it has more I/Os.

  3. #313
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    You hook up USB and then hook up the AC into the terminals (wiring diagram somewere in this thread). They use a PIC18f2455 which I'll probably upgrade to an 18f4455 later because it has more I/Os.

    Ok, now in English please...0l33l

  4. #314
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    Ok, now in English please...0l33l
    Ok. This is a USB Relay controller with isolated inputs/outputs. Its USB because it uses the PIC18f2455. It is based on Curiosity's Cario design. If this board is successful, then I plan on using the PIC18f4455 which ahs more I/Os (inputs/outputs).

    What this board is going to be used for: Digital A/C controls. My A/C controller in my car is good, but the problem lies in the dead screen. Plus its not the prettiest. I wanted to move my LCD up... I don't want the shifter getting in the way. So with this board I'll be able to control the A/C without actually touching the A/C... its going to be getting the same signals as if I was touching the front of the A/C controls.

    Besides being used for A/C... I'm planning on using it for the volume knob since it has an analog to digital converter, so I can hook it up

  5. #315
    Newbie GS300t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10

    Lexus AC Controls

    This is my first post, and it's because of your project that I finally felt the need to get an account and speak! I also have a Lexus and have been looking into doing a flush mounted touchscreen as well, but have always been frustrated with the limited space because of the AC controls. The factory navigation system integrated the AC controls which saved a ton of space. What I'd like to do is replace the AC / Radio with a 7" touchscreen up top followed by a slot load CD / DVD burner and finally have a Griffin PowerMate protruding at the bottom. Haven't even measured to see if this would fit or anything like that, but that's my dream.

    Which brings me to my question... how in the $%^& did you figure out how to get the PC to control the AC? I've had some basic electronics courses (none involved with programming chips yet), but never would have thought to tackle that goal. Do you think the board you're making for the SC would work on the GS? If not do you think you can point me in the right direction to accomplish this goal myself? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!
    2000 Lexus GS300 - MP3Car Newb - Project in the works! (both Carputer and single turbo 2JZ-GTE)

  6. #316
    Raw Wave EsKALad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,102
    you should mass produce them to the other 2 sc owners on here lol
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

  7. #317
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by GS300t
    Which brings me to my question... how in the $%^& did you figure out how to get the PC to control the AC? I've had some basic electronics courses (none involved with programming chips yet), but never would have thought to tackle that goal. Do you think the board you're making for the SC would work on the GS? If not do you think you can point me in the right direction to accomplish this goal myself? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!
    I'm guessing that the board will work for the GS. Should actually be more functional, as i still have to set my climate through the knob (although more intuitive).

    Once I get the problems worked out with the board (for instance it looses USB when I restart), then I will produce them. Not mass produce... so I can keep the prices astronomically high...

  8. #318
    Newbie GS300t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Not mass produce... so I can keep the prices astronomically high...
    Ouch, the beautiful free market economy... haha I was looking into the problem a little more and digging through some old threads and found the one on Phidgets, which I would think I could get working with my climate control. Maybe I could use the 0/16/16 model with the 16 outputs controlling all of the buttons, but 16 inputs may not be enough (or even sensitive enough for that matter) to decipher what the LCD is outputting. If that even makes sense? I'll have to wait until I get my car back here soon and start probing the LCD to see what it'd take to read it directly into the computer. Sounds like a heck of a task, but one I'll gladly take on! I'll let ya know how it goes...
    2000 Lexus GS300 - MP3Car Newb - Project in the works! (both Carputer and single turbo 2JZ-GTE)

  9. #319
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by GS300t
    Ouch, the beautiful free market economy... haha I was looking into the problem a little more and digging through some old threads and found the one on Phidgets, which I would think I could get working with my climate control. Maybe I could use the 0/16/16 model with the 16 outputs controlling all of the buttons, but 16 inputs may not be enough (or even sensitive enough for that matter) to decipher what the LCD is outputting. If that even makes sense? I'll have to wait until I get my car back here soon and start probing the LCD to see what it'd take to read it directly into the computer. Sounds like a heck of a task, but one I'll gladly take on! I'll let ya know how it goes...
    One reason I did not use phidgets: they are not isolated. That can be a problem because the CC in my car shares grounds.

    BTW: What I said was a joke. I'd sell the thing as a kit, as it takes me forever to soder by hand.

    Also, are you on clublexus?

  10. #320
    Newbie GS300t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    One reason I did not use phidgets: they are not isolated. That can be a problem because the CC in my car shares grounds.

    BTW: What I said was a joke. I'd sell the thing as a kit, as it takes me forever to soder by hand.

    Also, are you on clublexus?
    What do you mean by they are not isolated? I'm probably just completely missing what you're saying, but I would think if the CC is sharing grounds then isolation wouldn't be a problem? I think I may have just confused myself, so if you can clarify what you meant that'd be a huge help to me! haha

    I know it was a joke, I was just goin along... And yes, I'm on CL with the same username, GS300t.
    2000 Lexus GS300 - MP3Car Newb - Project in the works! (both Carputer and single turbo 2JZ-GTE)

Similar Threads

  1. '95 Accord Carputer Project
    By Gewehrschuss in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. Project lexus ES300 with 300 or so pics
    By mlazzaro@excite in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 09:48 PM
  3. Lexus SC300 Carputer 1.0
    By bigmonkey70 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •