1996 Vauxhall Calibra Carputer (or VCC)
I am from Italy.
It's started! I finally started the making process of my Vauxhall Calibra Pc-beast!
In calibra we want to:
1. Remove the old dash, take out the divisor (radio / keyholder)
2. Make a custom mask for the monitor (or glue lilliput one in)
3. Glue the mask in [epoxy] and finish it with bondo-or-similar
4. Make mask for DVD drive and USB card reader (if possible)
5. Fit, glue and bondo again
6. Take whole ready-to-go dash to professional painter for a same coat as car.
1. Take lower tunnel out
2. Make housing for previous head unit (pioneer CD-player - has to stay it got SUBW controller builtin)
3. Glue, polish
4. Take whole ready-to-go dash to professional painter for a same coat as car.
Stuff I will be needing
+ 1 TFT 7" (got lilliput)
+ 1 DVD-ROM Drive (got toshiba notebook)
+ 1 IDE to USB2.0 Adapter
- 1 Notebook CD-ROm Interface to IDE Interface
+ 4 USB Extension lead (Touchscreen, DVD-ROM, Card reader, extension Plug)
+ 1 VGA Extension lead
+ 1 TV Card (got asus TVFM)
+ 1 WiFi Card for connectuing at home (got dlink)
+ 1 HDD For OS and other stuff (got 80gb Seagate)
+ 1 PC Card reader USB 2.0
- 1 GPS Antenna
+ 1 Cool case (got dell optiplex 270)
+ 1 Pentium 4 (1.8Ghz) 512mb ram
(+) = Already arrived (-) = Has yet to arrive
Next post will be for photos.