I am from Italy.
It's started! I finally started the making process of my Vauxhall Calibra Pc-beast!
In calibra we want to:
1. Remove the old dash, take out the divisor (radio / keyholder)
2. Make a custom mask for the monitor (or glue lilliput one in)
3. Glue the mask in [epoxy] and finish it with bondo-or-similar
4. Make mask for DVD drive and USB card reader (if possible)
5. Fit, glue and bondo again
6. Take whole ready-to-go dash to professional painter for a same coat as car.
1. Take lower tunnel out
2. Make housing for previous head unit (pioneer CD-player - has to stay it got SUBW controller builtin)
3. Glue, polish
4. Take whole ready-to-go dash to professional painter for a same coat as car.
Stuff I will be needing
+ 1 TFT 7" (got lilliput)
+ 1 DVD-ROM Drive (got toshiba notebook)
+ 1 IDE to USB2.0 Adapter
- 1 Notebook CD-ROm Interface to IDE Interface
+ 4 USB Extension lead (Touchscreen, DVD-ROM, Card reader, extension Plug)
+ 1 VGA Extension lead
+ 1 TV Card (got asus TVFM)
+ 1 WiFi Card for connectuing at home (got dlink)
+ 1 HDD For OS and other stuff (got 80gb Seagate)
+ 1 PC Card reader USB 2.0
- 1 GPS Antenna
+ 1 Cool case (got dell optiplex 270)
+ 1 Pentium 4 (1.8Ghz) 512mb ram
(+) = Already arrived (-) = Has yet to arrive
Next post will be for photos.
Good luck, can't wait to see more pictures. I have a vectra from 92 with identical dash and I'm also planning something similar.
Abandoned the idea of using a wooden mask; it is way too complicated to reproduce the button holes.
Started filling the gaps in the dash (it was divided in two) with epoxy, result: great and very elastic.
Tried bending the plastic to some extent, perfect. No cracks or peelings.
In the photo first gap closed and friend epoxy
The first gap is already sanded as u can see
I loved my Calibra, it was a fair while ago now but fond memories, I envy you!
Sorry to digress!