And here's an update! I'm about 90% there, (just waiting on the DSSC shutdown controller)
So, some interim pics:
Here's the 40Gb drive i'm using for media (replaced one of the 20's), and an old HP DVDRom. I'm using an IDE-to-Firewire adapter that supports two drives, and extending the molex from the PC to the drives. Works surprisingly well!
And here's the mess of running wires. I ran:
- Power for the glove box drives
- USB behind the screen
- Seems like other stuff, but it's been a blur!
The USB hub behind the dash. Right now for the screen and my WiFi. Probably gonna put in an extension and figure out a nifty way to have a visible USB port.
Here's a nice little touchpad I got from Target a couple of years ago. At $20, I couldn't beat the price! It's just PS/2, but it has a long cord, and reaches perfectly. Good for when I need more specific control than the touchscreen.
Here's my WiFi adapter (and my EQ control above), I'm using the little velcro holder so I can disconnect and hide the WiFi if I want to.
And here's the results of chopping up my screen! I decided not to chop up the dash, and it fits well! A combination of Epoxy, and well placed screws helped with this one. I chopped the power LED, and kept the buttons along with the IrDA reciever. This is just a test fit (to make sure the screen still worked after all I did to it.)
More to come later!