smart roadster Install Thread - Possibly the most cramped install.
OK, I'm starting this to get input from everyone on how the best way to go about fitting something in this car and basically just to document my progress. Images will be put up on my MSN Spaces to save from having to take up mp3car's bandwidth/drive space.
Here's what I have in mind:
- Opus PSU of undetermined wattage
- Mini-ITX board, most likely the VIA EPIA-ML8000A
- An in-dash, motorised LCD VGA touchscreen as I don't want to do heaps of modding to the car itself and it'll help with space
- Slimline, slot-loading DVD/CDRW optical drive
- GPS-based navigation
- FM radio (whether USB- or LCD-based doesn't matter at the moment)
- An amp of undetermined wattage (I'll have to check the speakers as they are staying; the HU has an amp built-in and it's not staying).
That's all I have in mind for now. Specs on most of it will be hashed out as I try to figure out how to get things in the car. My first dilemma is fitting the screen and optical drive in where the HU is now. A pic can be seen at the above link.