Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: 94 Mustang GT

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate racerx3165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McConnell AFB Wichita Ks.
    Posts
    192
    Logitech MX Duo

    it came from an old logitech mx duo wireless Keyboard/mouse combo. Im thinking that im going to put the volume wheel near the front, the play stop behinf that and lastly the rew/ffd buttons behind that. Im going to make a mold of my armrest tomarrow out of cardboard then try and glass it in. But i need to figure out how to get this interfaced to my pc. I dont want to try and use the wireless because im not sure if ill have to run the whole circuit board to get the wireless part to work or if i can unplug the keyboard and itll still work. Any Logitech engineers on this forum? Ill post pics as soon as i get it worked out.
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

    2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

    2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

    Car PC
    Planning

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate jzgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    494
    I used to use this stuff called balsa foam to shape and make parts for my setup. It's a little expensive, but it's way easier (quicker) than shaping MDF with my sanding wheel. It depends what you're making -- if it's structural, I use MDF and fiberglass. I made a couple of cone speaker pods for someone with it and some other stuff. It accepts fiberglass and bondo as well.

    For example, if I were to make a mount for the logitech control panel, I might router out a piece of MDF or take the Balsa Foam and trace the outline. Then cut on the line how ever deep I think is necessary, round it with some light sandpaper and glass it, bondo it and finish. You can also use a combination of the two materials... make the easy (flatter) pieces out of MDF and the rounder, more odd, shapes with the foam, glue them together and glass it.

    I agree, that could be pretty cool fabbed somewhere in the console. How big is it?

    - Jeff
    95 Mustang GT Convertible
    87 Mustang GT Convertible
    My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

    Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

  3. #13
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Hardwire the buttons to a joystick and use the joystick pluggin with Girder.

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate racerx3165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McConnell AFB Wichita Ks.
    Posts
    192
    Ok so she goes in tomarrow for the transmission so hopefully "i know dream on" it doesnt cost to much to get this thing to quit downshifting at 50Mph, Yeah i know its a gt with an Automaticbut at the time i couldn't pass up the deal plus the wife was going to be driving it and she is unteachable i swear. The good thing is i got the trunk moldings out so ill be prepping them for fiberglass for my new sub box's. Since my other hobby is photogrraphy dont worry ill get some before during and of course after shots. I also finally got the spray foam tofinish up on the dash and i got my center console apart. Now i just need to find someone who can help me with my logitech comtrols that i want to mold into the armrest. Ill get some pics and photoshop them to show what i really was thinking, its about7x2 ish but i want to make it around 3x3 move buttons around.

    The color of the buttons is more like the grey surroundings
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

    2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

    2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

    Car PC
    Planning

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate racerx3165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McConnell AFB Wichita Ks.
    Posts
    192
    Todays work.
    Ripped the panel off to start for my fiberglass subwoofer enclosure

    This is what it looked like removed

    here it is after some tape and foil hopefully tomarrow ill get to lay some fiber

    another view of where the enclosures going

    Removed the moldings in the armrest going to start on the PC Case for in there

    This is where i plan on puting the logitech controler. im going to try and make a new armrest from mdf and fiber
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

    2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

    2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

    Car PC
    Planning

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate schpanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx3165
    Todays work.
    Ripped the panel off to start for my fiberglass subwoofer enclosure
    Wow, you're rear end is remarkably more clean than mine, I have like moisture, or something, that makes the carpet in it extremely nappy, it looks like you are utterly exempt from this, lol

    I want to see pics of your car from outside
    1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
    DSATX | Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 | 619GL-70NP | CF 1.6 (which is still unusable in the car!)

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate racerx3165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McConnell AFB Wichita Ks.
    Posts
    192
    Well i took it in today for the transmission so it may be a day or two before i can get a good picture of the outside. Also i need to was and wax it since i missed its weekly wash-in and waxing for the trip to the shop i may just have to detail it to make up to her
    Ok well i started with the first layer of fiberglass for the sub box

    Prepped and waiting for the glass

    Just laying it in there to see how well it fits

    With some resin down

    If all goes well the second layer will be applied tomorrow and ill start putting the MDF front on it. Hopefully by Friday i will have the car back and the box built so i can start on the boot for the other side. After that I'm starting on the amp-rack for under the rear deck. Then once my glassing skills are on fire and my head stops thumping from the fumes I'm going to make a trunk lid to get rid of those ugly holes in the trunk lid. Any other stang owners tried to make boots? I just hope i can get closer to 1.25 cu ft. than my current box, and the main reason is i want a sub box that will sit still while im trying to slide around turns .
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

    2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

    2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

    Car PC
    Planning

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate racerx3165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    McConnell AFB Wichita Ks.
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by schpanky
    Wow, you're rear end is remarkably more clean than mine, I have like moisture, or something, that makes the carpet in it extremely nappy, it looks like you are utterly exempt from this, lol

    I want to see pics of your car from outside
    I think your problem lies in your sig


    1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
    OPUS 150 -> Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 -> DUALXDM6820 & Lilliput 7" VGA 619GL-70NP -> RR FrontEnd
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

    2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

    2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

    Car PC
    Planning

  9. #19
    Low Bitrate schpanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx3165
    Well i took it in today for the transmission so it may be a day or two before i can get a good picture of the outside. Also i need to was and wax it since i missed its weekly wash-in and waxing for the trip to the shop i may just have to detail it to make up to her
    That's the spirit, break her heart then wine and dine 'er!
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx3165
    Ok well i started with the first layer of fiberglass for the sub box

    Prepped and waiting for the glass
    [lMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/racerx3165/IMG_9304.jpg[/IMG]
    Just laying it in there to see how well it fits
    [lMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/racerx3165/IMG_9303.jpg[/IMG]
    With some resin down
    [lMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/racerx3165/IMG_9305.jpg[/IMG]
    God, these pictures are beautiful, the more you work on your car the more I want to tear mine apart... and I'm doing a modular installation!
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx3165
    If all goes well the second layer will be applied tomorrow and ill start putting the MDF front on it. Hopefully by Friday i will have the car back and the box built so i can start on the boot for the other side. After that I'm starting on the amp-rack for under the rear deck. Then once my glassing skills are on fire and my head stops thumping from the fumes I'm going to make a trunk lid to get rid of those ugly holes in the trunk lid. Any other stang owners tried to make boots? I just hope i can get closer to 1.25 cu ft. than my current box, and the main reason is i want a sub box that will sit still while im trying to slide around turns .
    What holes in the trunk lid?

    That rear traction is a love/hate relationship... in inclement weather I hate it, but when I need to do a 180 in the opposite direction I just turn the wheel and gas it!
    1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
    DSATX | Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 | 619GL-70NP | CF 1.6 (which is still unusable in the car!)

  10. #20
    Low Bitrate schpanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx3165
    I think your problem lies in your sig


    1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
    OPUS 150 -> Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 -> DUALXDM6820 & Lilliput 7" VGA 619GL-70NP -> RR FrontEnd

    In my trunk, not my rear seat!
    1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
    DSATX | Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 | 619GL-70NP | CF 1.6 (which is still unusable in the car!)

Similar Threads

  1. 1987 Mustang GT Convertible MP3 Mustang
    By jzgt in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 09:18 PM
  2. 05' mustang gt...now what?
    By furius styles in forum Newbie
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
  3. FS: '93 Mustang GT Immaculate!!! **MUST SEE**
    By Loco in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 10:22 AM
  4. 2003 Ford Mustang GT
    By tj!2k4 in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:42 PM
  5. 2000 Mustang GT Convertible Mp3 project
    By mp3stang02 in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 04:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •