Looking good, keep it up!!
Looking good, keep it up!!
dude... youre good... that little pic and you saw the 9300 ... lol .. yeah time sucks... one week my oil filter seal busted (FRAM) .... only the 3rd time i have let someone change the oil ... i run mobil1 so ... im ok... i shut it down real quick...scarry.... then same week almost on the way to the alternator shop...my alternator went crazy.... bad bearing.... bought an autozone for 212.00 ... i know i know... lasted 600 miles.... bad bearing.. had the original rebuilt for 83.00 .. and it runs like a top.. now i can get back to the carpc...lol... so where are you puttin the pc?Quote:
Originally Posted by schpanky
the rebuilt alternator failed after couple months... seems they didnt replace all of the bearings.. only the defective one... so I ended up purchasing a new alternator from ford. so far so good.
hehe, yeah, I have one too and I saw that wierd vent thing next to the page down/backspace buttons and that it had a white top, decent laptop so far... ANYYYYYhowQuote:
Originally Posted by crabbdaddy
I'm mounting my PC in the trunk, I have a vert so there's no seperation from the trunk to the interior of the car (other than the film-like rubber tonneau thing :rock: ), wiring was pretty simple, I'll finally start a worklog later on, maybe tonight
I put a tiny fused block from off the battery from a 6-disc pioneer cd changer with like 4 guage wire into the car, put a distribution block there, and ran 12V, ACC, and ground on the driver's side and another 12V, ACC, ground to the other side for an amp when I finally find one (I have no idea how to find a good amp)
I know for a fact that wiring for the speakers is going to suck, but I haven't got that far yet
AND QUIT KILLING YER PARTS!
sanding .. .sanding ... dremel .. and more sanding....
seems the porpatch does work ok..... its easier to sand than i thought... and the tuff spots i used a dremel.... the cool thing is that the gloss black sands down to a grey that actuall matches the bezel color.....
the gloss black helps notice the low spots .. looks worse than it is ... to touch the low is onle slightly low .. less than a mm. so im going to fill with bumper filler from bondo .. and sand that down .. at least thats my plan at the moment.
and one more after a little bit of sanding .. and removing the high spot at the bottom right with the dremel....
man its hard not to rush.... patience grasshopper..... lol :rock:
I know exactly what you mean about patience.....but man it's worth it!!! It's looking great....keep it up and keep us updated!
looking good, keeping an eye on this.
no criticism here: personally I would've kept the ac controls low, but I understand you were looking for double-din, and the newer model bezel afforded you that.
I just wasn't real thrilled with the screen being so low; I think it makes it more difficult to read.
Anyway, good work, and that was just my $.02.
yeah ... that was my first thought... so i droped the AC controls down to the bottom .... drove around like that for a few weeks...but when i played around with the mounting of the xenarc screen.... i couldnt keep the sun off of the screen..... seemed i would have had to tint the front window half way down... and thats not gonna happen... all other windows are tinted .so ... i chose the stock somewhat recessed 03' bezel...... would be interesting to know if others have the screen mounted higher and how they are dealing or not dealing with the sun ....:buddy:Quote:
Originally Posted by tj!2k4
seems these are hard to find....
i posted them in another link...
enjoy... ill try to verify the schemas this weekend....
i finally decided on the audio setup. and i hope to make some progress on the overall setup soon. i took a semester break from class and a few projects.
Alpine RUX-C701 Controller
Alpine PXA-H701 Processor
Alpine MRV-F545 Amp
Polk MOMO MMC6500 Components 6.5" / 1"
Polk MOMO MM2104 Subs (2) 10" SVC 4 ohm
also decided on a soundcard with optical out.
looks like im purchasing most of the alpine components from ebay seller 310audio.
hope to make some progress on the bezel this weekend... i have done more work on it.. but pictures didnt turn out worth posting. i purchased a 90 attachment for my dremel to do some better sanding on the angles.
a little bezel progress... im learning.. and yes its been over a year since this project started....
i added some filler primer... couple more coats to go. so far so good.
ill add another coat tomorrow.. and maybe ill be ready for more sanding
still waiting for my audio gear to arrive. it should arrive by the end of the week.