2000 VW Jetta
Ok heres the specs of the CarPC im building.
- Xenarc 7" TS Display - $380US
- SP13000 - $225US
- 512mb DDR PC3200 - $50US
- Fujitsu 100GB Slim HDD - $130US
- DVD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW Slim drive - $65US
- DVD Slim drive to USB converter - $35US
- 1 self powered USB Hub - $15US
- 1 USB Hub with external power - $15US
- Linksys WUSB54GP - $55US
- Dlink Bluetooth Adapter - $20US
- BU-303 GPS Receiver - $75US
- Mini-USB Keyboard - $25US
- USB Microphone - $20US
- M1-ATX Power Supply - $75US
- C134 Case - $160US
- CNX-P5V +5 regulator - $25US
- Vehicule Point of Load Converter - $35US
- Extra Xenarc 7" Casing - $30 US
- Video/usb cables - $20 US
Total spent: $1355 US (just an estimate, might be a bit more, most of the shipping costs i paid are not included)
- Phoenix Gold R5.0:4 (for car speakers)
- Power Acustinc 800w (for bass, will replace it later with a smaller one, used this for powering 2x12" MTX)
- Custom fit Jetta Bass enclusure + 10" MTX
(HUD radio will be removed and replaced by the carpc)
First pics of my car and my testing outside
wow i like what you did with the screen. my suggestion is paint the face plate of the dvd player. it will look more stealth and alot more stock...post some pics of how you mounted the dvd player please
Regarding painting the dvd drive, the person who helped me doing the fabric glass told me that there might be a possibility that if we painted the drive it would turn out to another color or that the paint would look ugly because of its surface :/ thats why it was left with the OEM color of the drive
remove the face of the drive. sand it down slightly. and prime it and paint it. trust me i did it to mine before and it turned out great. it will look alot better!
are you going to be using the monsoon amp?
Sweet! What are you going to do with that HU? Is that a Sony?
use some fans to vent the amps...I lost an amp that way....
Fat screen install:rock:
Go I finally did the installation.. I forgot to take the camera with the guy that helped me installing the equipment... I will post some pics on how it looked finished tomorrow...
Regarding of what HU i had, yes it was a Sony MP3 cd player, got it like 2 years ago... (was one of the first that supported id3 tags)
For amps, no im not using the moonson amp, I added a Phoenix Gold 4 channel amp... I might have to consider adding some cooling.. never thought it could do some harm to it..
For now I'll have to wait till monday when I get my new 90 watt power supply, (the one i received first here from mp3car had a faulty remote pin, so I couldnt "turn on" my amps, screen, usb hub and dvdrom, right now I have it with a switch with positive power off the battery.