Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60

    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII

    This started as a plan to just have a lap top in the car to run ECU+ an engine management piggyback system for my EVO. It has since turned into so much more. This place is addicting. I am in the process of relocating the heat and air controls of the car and adding a 7" in dash. I was awake at 1 am so this is what I am starting with.

    UPDATES ON PAGE 2.


    It's not much, but more stuff will be coming soon.

    1st I trimmed the edges of the shroud to fit the panel,



    I then trimmed the front of the panel to match up with the shroud.


    Then came the body filler. Keep in mind I have never actually worked with this stuff, just seen it done.



    Here are some pics of the system thats going in the car.


  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate randomjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    162
    Good luck. I'm working on my install and used the BU-353, but what's that underneath it? The ECU? You're getting MitchJS's adapter for the SIR-ALP1 or you actually have an Alpine headunit? I did the adapter and it works like a charm. It's amazing how much less crap is on Mitch's board than the Alpine.
    GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

    Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/worklogs/65059-03-jetta-if-i-can-any-idiot-can.html
    Now with pictures!

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60
    I am using the BU-353. If your refering to the big box, thats just the box all my stuff was mailed in. The round black thing is a rear view camera and the kenwood radio input next to it. I am going to keep the kenwood head unit and send all my signal to it. I will use the MITCHJS adapter if I cna find a GOOD serial/usb adapter because I have to have my serial port open for my engine management system.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate randomjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BADEVO
    I am using the BU-353. If your refering to the big box, thats just the box all my stuff was mailed in. The round black thing is a rear view camera and the kenwood radio input next to it. I am going to keep the kenwood head unit and send all my signal to it. I will use the MITCHJS adapter if I cna find a GOOD serial/usb adapter because I have to have my serial port open for my engine management system.
    Aren't the SIR-ALP1 and SIR-KEN1 different? Wouldn't you need the KEN1 for a Kenwood HU? Or is that what the Kenwood auxiliary adapter in the bag is for?
    GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

    Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
    Now with pictures!

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60
    Dash bezel coming along pretty good. This stuff is hard, but man it's rewarding to see it take shape.












  6. #6
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,168
    Blog Entries
    53
    i take it you got that reverse cam from ebay? It looks WAY too big for a keyhole. Have you test fitted it yet?

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02
    i take it you got that reverse cam from ebay? It looks WAY too big for a keyhole. Have you test fitted it yet?
    Yes I did, and no I havent. It is a lil big though. LOL

    I was deployed so I was trying to get it all shipped before I got home. I may be looking for a new one.

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by randomjohn
    Aren't the SIR-ALP1 and SIR-KEN1 different? Wouldn't you need the KEN1 for a Kenwood HU? Or is that what the Kenwood auxiliary adapter in the bag is for?

    I'm going to use the ALP unit to run the signal right to the PC and use Road Runner to control the SAT tuner. The headunit in the car will be strictly for channeling the sound from the PC to the speakers and to play CD's if I need to. It's actually going to be hidden.

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate randomjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BADEVO
    I'm going to use the ALP unit to run the signal right to the PC and use Road Runner to control the SAT tuner. The headunit in the car will be strictly for channeling the sound from the PC to the speakers and to play CD's if I need to. It's actually going to be hidden.
    Right, but to go from SIR-ALP1 -> PC you need an adapter. Mitch's is the only one I've heard of. Or maybe TimeTrax, but that's got other issues.
    GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

    Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
    Now with pictures!

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    60
    Yeah I am gonna get the MITCH's adapter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Project
    By angelito46 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM
  2. Mitsubishi Super Lancer
    By Tweet in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 05:16 AM
  3. Ah Finally...2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII CarPC
    By smanders in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. EVO VIII Install
    By jerastan in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 04:10 AM
  5. A few observations in OS and why I'm now using Windows 2003...
    By Mastiff in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •